The Grand Cafe

I’m using that a lot when training young fellows.

I find the young fellows are miles better than me and could teach me in particular with regards to the application of software and technology. Better keep quiet about that though. Don’t want to make myself redundant :joy:

Did I miss anything?

Yes

What your return

Yep back - diet ahead ha !!!

1 Like

I’m off for a swim looks like I’ve got a lot of reading to do when I get back.

Save you the read…….break it to her gently over a few glasses of wine, nice meal and shopping trip😁

Gazza there’ll be no upgrades in 2023, I’ll wait to see what else comes out and revisit my options then. ( well that’s the plan) :grin:

2 Likes

So how was it, any problems with flight delays etc. Mrs Pete have delayed air travel due to cancellation and the cost of fares which are extremely high for domestic flights.

It was really good, apart from Sydney airport which is the pits. Where only hassle

1. Nowhere much to sit
  2. Going through security everyone treated poorly
  3. 50 minute delay taking off due to no water being loaded and then the containers were originally loaded incorrectly so unbalanced the plane, so had to be reloaded in correct order

As for NZ

1. Restaurants were top notch, quality of ingredients excellent
  2. Queenstown was literally jumping with tourists all having a great time, smiles everywhere, people from many countries, some have stayed on from the ski season and got jobs, one lady from Argentina ( who announced she is on cloud nine for the next 4 years) arrived 9 years ago and never left. I decided against a free nude bungy jump, didn’t want to destroy everyone’s vacation :crazy_face:
  3. Christchurch was pretty good, know it well, unfortunately the pandemic has halted the pace of reconstruction project after earthquake , it will be another 10 years before all the sites are infilled

Overall a very pleasant trip , and only 3 hours away . Kiwis love a chat I must say

Mrs Pete is right though, I would not be going to afar for a couple of years, the airfares are nuts etc etc . The world needs to settle down

Kingsford Smith can be a pain however I’ve found Melbourne airport far worse. We waited over an hour for our bags last year.

Yep - Melbourne painful , when I was travelling interstate lots for work it was a bit of a nightmare

I guess NZ is a but like going to Tassie , can travel around with ease and basically hassle free

Went to a small vineyard north of Christchurch called Black Estate - pretty sensational it was

Meant to say overall no delays with flights other than slight hiccup getting out at Sydney . I checked the boards and couldn’t see any cancellations. It’s a completely different story flying further afield as 2 friends of mine can attest to getting out of the USA on separate occasions

1 Like

I’m a little blue today got a phone call from my brother this morning that mum has had another stroke and in hospital. It appears to be her right side this time. It’s almost a year since she suffered the first and they didn’t think she’d make it and she bounced back. At 94 she’s not going to keep bouncing these things off.

I’m just now waiting to see if I need to drive down to see her.

Sad to hear that Pete

Great age but as you say can’t keep bouncing back

Best wishes that she does so though

1 Like

Sorry to read this Pete, best to go I think. Time will be precious now?

1 Like

Yes, we are reassessing whether to go overseas. Maybe local at best, the islands, or eastern Australian seaboard.

Sorry to hear your news.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear the news Pete. The very best to you and the rest of the family. I have a 92 year old mum and know the next few years will probably get increasingly challenging.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that Pete.
Age is the great leveller, I would be climbing in the car if I were you mate.

3 Likes