The Grand Cafe

Sorry to hear this Pete. Experience says don’t wait until you are left with a regret you might never comes to terms with. If only I’d got in the car….

3 Likes

Hope all goes well

best wishes

Ian

Oh God Pete, so sorry to hear that.

3 Likes

Hello Eoin, are you back home yet ?

best wishes

Ian

1 Like

Hi Ian, yes I was discharged on the evening of New Year’s Eve, I’m back at Mum’s and feeling a lot better.

7 Likes

So it’s build up your strength time and then back home

best wishes

4 Likes

Thanks Ian. I’ll stay here for a while, I’m enjoying seeing London family and friends I haven’t seen for a long time.

6 Likes

Best wishes for a positive outcome Pete!

Life goes by so slowly when we are young and in the blink of the eye the kids have grown up and how did we and the generation ahead of us get this old so quickly?

7 Likes

My wife doesn’t want me to watch Rambo with my 15 yr old son. Is she right or should I ignore her comments?

I think she’s plain wrong and all those other films with emotionally odd plots are far more harmful.

1 Like

He will watch it anyway come what may…….and much worse, you cannot prevent them from seeing the world. Better to watch and gently remind that these are actors and stunt men….in real life a different story?

2 Likes

Very sorry to hear that Pete. My father in law was the same in his 90s. Very difficult dealing with the various crises but with a belief that he was indestructible. Best wishes and thoughts for you and your family working through the latest episode.

1 Like

I was about to encourage you and then checked on IMDb and can see the film includes graphic violence mutilation and death scenes (obviously!), but also depictions of sexual assault and rape. I don’t remember it being that bad but go in with your eyes open. As others have said I am sure he can access or see worse. My boys are in their early 20s and played all the gory video games at a similar age, they both seem to be well adjusted sensible lads despite this exposure. Good luck!

3 Likes

Attitudes and morals change… As an example, just watch some of the Hammer House of Horror flicks from the '60’s. If you watch these on Britbox (or similar) they’re often rated ‘18’!! Amazing how we’ve become more au fait with things like sex and violence over the decades.

1 Like

Hi @Pete_the_painter, you’ve been quiet since yesterday.
Dare I ask how it went yesterday?
Hope all is well with you🤞🏼

3 Likes

I took my 16-year old son aside and told him it was about time we had the birds and the bees conservation.
“Sure Dad! What do you want to know?”

5 Likes

Evening all been away for few days to see mum, she has been left completely paralysed on the left hand side and is unable to eat at all. She is not in a good way and I didn’t even recognise her. Not sure how long she’ll last but we don’t think there’s anyway back from this stroke. Tbh we are hoping she won’t be left to suffer too long. Thank you for your posts it’s much appreciated.

We’re now in Newcastle tonight as we’re off to see Elton John tomorrow evening.

5 Likes

Thoughts with you Pete and wider family

3 Likes

So sorry. Virtual hug to everybody

Ian

2 Likes

Very sorry to here this, I hope things come to a peaceful conclusion for you all. Stay strong and enjoy the respite of the EJ concert.

2 Likes

All the best , Pete, fir what is a very tough time. I hope your mum remains in comfort and peace.

2 Likes