The Grand Cafe

Sorry to hear this Pete. Thoughts are with you and the family.

2 Likes

Sorry Pete, hope things work out for the best. Hope Elton pulls out a stonker of a show for you.

2 Likes

Very sorry to hear this. Horrible time, no matter how inevitable.

1 Like

We had 3 straight days of rain and yesterday it cleared, so we hit the West Coast.

First was the Kai Iwi lakes, first fresh water swim for many years:

Then 10 minutes to the coast, nothing between here and Australia!

Back to the lake for burgers then home, where there had been a massive thunder storm. Fine today, so hopefully will get some drying.

6 Likes

Nice pics of scenery and family, lovely beach too.

1 Like

Expect the odd great white.

3 Likes

I was there too :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Yay….makes a change to get in the picture. I remember my Doctor thought my slightly swollen eye could be a brain cancer and asked for recent pictures of me. Had none of any use, always taking the pics.

Look like you are all having a great time👍

1 Like

Very sorry to hear about yer mum’s stroke … terrible for her and the family. My mother went the dementia route. Really sucks, what people have to endure while waiting for the end. My cousin, whom we look after, tho she’s in a home, will be 100 in March and we are cringing that she will live long enough to not be able to eat, read, talk etc.
I personally think I may opt for ‘medical assistance in dying’ if/when I get in that state. My wife feels the same … about herself, not just me … :grinning:

8 Likes

We have come to the same conclusion….sad.

2 Likes

I’m thinking of you and your family Pete, look after yourself in this tragic time.

3 Likes

Yes, it is sad, but at least these options are becoming available now. We’ll see how it goes at the time. Maybe we’ll be the lucky one’s, Gazza, that just wake up dead one morning …

1 Like

The nurse mentioned something about she’s not “accurately dying” but none of us know what that means. She looks awful it wasn’t a memory I want to keep. If she does leave hospital she’ll return to her nursing home she’ll require a level of care that makes life difficult.

1 Like

Doesn’t sound great, but there’s nothing to be done about it. Hopefully, she doesn’t feel the change as much as you think and is somewhat oblivious.

Enjoy Elton John tho. We’re big fans and saw him it Toronto years ago.

Thank you.

We are looking forward to Elton I was at he’s first concert here in 74 when we both had hair and looking forward to his last here.

3 Likes

He looks like he still has hair……rush up and give it a tug😂

4 Likes

I should have said real hair. We’re pretty close to the stage I’ll see if I can him to smile our way

3 Likes

Weather has cleared and the sun is shining on Elton.

Looking forward to the distraction.

19 Likes

Nice to meet you both. Have a wonderful time, you certainly deserve the fun break.

4 Likes

Enjoy :blush:

2 Likes