The Grand Cafe

Gee that’s not good hope things improve. Think there a lot of the developed world that suffers from lack of maintenance in infrastructure.

Money drives everything and the lack of it is generally caused by governments or corporate greed.

1 Like

Indeed, interesting times ahead as our mayor stated basically it’s every man for himself now as he’s had no positive feedback from the powers that be. We’ve been advised to start boiling our water as they cannot guarantee it safe for consumption due to water sanitation plants being unable to run as a result of power outages.

Lack of good governance and lack of faith in having one doesn’t bode well for the future. We’re pretty negative about our government but whenever I read or hear of other people’s plights I’m thankful that we’ve got a decent stable system regardless of which party is in power that’s basically under appreciated.

2 Likes

10-12 hours each day is shocking. What’s driving it? Greed, corruption, incompetence? Hope it gets sorted out.

I’m with on JBL as the best boom for buck (cheap) Bluetooth speaker brand.

1 Like

Did you win the auction on the Nova in the end?

1 Like

It appears Naim won’t be attending the Australian HiFi show in Sydney the autumn. Shame it might’ve been a great place to push the new classics.

I was leading at $1310 with 1 day to go. I rang the local Naim service agent AFTER I had made my bid. He said to avoid it as the circuit boards may be fried. So I withdrew my bid. It sold for $1300.
The moral of the story is to do due diligence before bidding! He mainly services amplifiers, tuners and power supplies, so possibly the complexity of he Nova may have been a bit daunting.

1 Like

So begs the question - does the distributor care about the punters !!!

A question many have asked and to date never been answered. They don’t seem to be on the list at all and they have a lot of big names on their books.

Raining in Sydney?

Was early/mid morning , cleared away overcast now

When do you order your streamer.

1 Like

Ha ha - decisions decisions

No hurry at all - probably the cheaper way and matching all other Naim gear is just to go with what you have ie: NDX2 and just use it with SN3/HICAPDR here in Balmain

I have a XPS-2 (Harry’s ex demo ) so not sure if any real benefit going XPSDR

Not sure if I can justify costs of all this new classic gear , yet to hear it

We shall see

@Pete_the_painter
Hey Pete, I just read an article that one of your crazy-ass birds called an Ibis or ‘bin chicken’ has figured out how to cleanse cane toads so they can eat them. Help comes from some of the wierdest places, huh?

Yes and bin chickens aren’t that popular either but if the can get rid of the damn things they’ll end up on our flags.

Funny I was reading a story of a big mother fcker they just caught horrible things have caused so much damage.

Australia’s ‘Toadzilla’: Record-breaking cane toad found in Queensland Australia's 'Toadzilla': Record-breaking cane toad found in Queensland - BBC News

Yeah I saw that too. Damn thing abount 2 feet long. It weighed almost 3 kgs. And poinonous FFS!!

Bring those things in was the one of biggest mistake and mind you there’s been lot other stupid decisions, foxes rabbits goldfish (carp) to name a few.

I know! Who the hell thinks up this stuff? Someone’s responsible. A politician … a biologist?
And it’s not a small thing, the devastation is terrible.

It’s always about weighing up the costs but I do think you’d get something out of ND5XS2. I wouldn’t bother about the NDX2.

Humans are reasonable dumb I’m sure wherever they’ve gone they’re taken problems with them.

How’s things in Toronto these days, never been to the east coast of Canada.