The Grand Cafe

Yes he has - the 3 of them

Still running them in I believe

Iā€™m down for 5 days next week might call in and have a listen.

1 Like

The question is

SQ wise

By how much is the 250 better than the 250DR ?

By how much is the 300 PS better than the XPSDR ?

Maybe not at all , just different

I wonā€™t be buying anything just curious to have a listen

Canā€™t beat your gear !!:+1:

1 Like

@Mike_S Not having a streamer itā€™s all curious for me

Is it better to have a preamp in an integrated streamer such as the 222 or have it as a part of integrated amp , therefore having a stand alone streamer ???

Just thinking about best combo if keeping to 3 boxes

To me the power supply is important to have

You guys know more than I on this subject

I loved the simplicity of a 3 box system 250/272/XPS but it didnā€™t sound as good as my current setup.

The new 3 series canā€™t be that far away judging by the way theyā€™re dumping the current classics.

In the big picture I donā€™t think too many dumping all their gear considering the amount of naim gear out there

We hear a bit on this forum but itā€™s really not representative of the bigger pie

No Iā€™m talking about the local distributor.

Oh got you now - apologies misread - you talking full series 3

Apologies not required

Iā€™m not sure there is a single right answer here. Are we talking within the Naim ecosystem? If you are happy with the match of your SN3 and speakers in the room you will use it in, then the NDX2/SN3 is a great match. Do you have a PS you can add to an NDX2?

But then you have your nDAC, so you could go NDX5 XS2/nDAC/SN3, which Iā€™d expect would be rather good if you are happy with the SN3.

Iā€™m like you though and favour the separate PS, so NDX2, PS and SN3 would be my pick.

If you like the 252/250, then your 3 box limit is buggered.

I have the SN3/HICAPDR and the XPS-2 PS

PS currently on end of NDAC / CD5XS but could be taken out for streamer .

The 252/SCDR/250DR is down in other location with the LP12 so staying there, not going anywhere

At some point nDAC likely to go down south to use with Core, I have small dac down there but I reckon nDAC far better

Crikey, I have 3 systems, but at least I only have 1 house!

I live in 2 small abodes , they would fit in your house 2 times over ha :grinning:

1 Like

I have house full of Naim and a burnt out shop. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Ha

I think Iā€™m with your choice Mike

Separate streamer, ps and integrated amp

Follows the source first principle , who knows !!!

Iā€™m kind of sitting on the fence waiting to see the next round of product releases

Yes could pick up an ndx2 at competitive price but is it better to wait and see whatā€™s around the corner , if anything ha

Canā€™t wait forever mind you

1 Like

Yes, itā€™s a dilemma. But the next streamer will cost a lot more. How deep are your pockets?

Got a few holes ha

Letā€™s say a replacement for the NDX2

Stab at a price ? Mike