The Grand Cafe

That’s funny I didn’t want to own up to it but that’s exactly what I did about 2 weeks ago.

1 Like

We did thanks @Gazza. BBQ’d smoked salmon, chips and salad, cup cakes and magnum salted caramel ice cream for desert. And a couple of Pimms for good luck :sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

Went fishing today, just round the corner from the house. Fresh snapper and trevally on the BBQ tonight for the first dinner of autumn.

4 Likes

Hold it I’ll catch that plane :crazy_face::crazy_face::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Love snapper I’ll be on the plane with Bevo.

2 Likes

There’s enough left for lunch tomorrow :+1:

I must say, it was the perfect day, dead calm and clear blue sky. There is something really fulfilling about catching fish and feeding the family - very primal and no doubt subconsciously links into our natural hunting and gathering instincts.

1 Like

I was watching a program the other night about sustainable fishing off Bluff way down south , next stop Antartica :flushed:

The array of fish is mind boggling

1 Like

Also saw that salmon from around the lakes near Mt Cook and Tekapo are sent to the Japanese Emperor- can’t beat them evidently

Well that’s turned out to be a good day bad day thingy. The joy of getting our DA has been dampened by my builder pulling out. Just rang to let me know, luckily I’ve been chasing others this week.

1 Like

Had a nice lunch of seared tuna with a chilli salsa and rice the other day. Loads of tuna, seared but very rare. For $32 I was left wondering where else can you get a solid fresh tuna meal at that price?

2 Likes

That’s a bit slack, hopefully you will find a good, and more reliable, alternative.

1 Like

Hoping you all have a great day.

Best wishes to Miss Mike

1 Like

Wow, fresh Red Snapped on the BBQ.
I miss that. We used to do that in the early ‘90’s when I lived in Dubai. :yum:
Delicious fish that you can’t get fresh here in the UK.

1 Like

If in Tasmania, can I suggest trying the flatheads?

2 Likes

Flathead fillets, my grandfather use to catch them and I’ve loved them ever since. Great eating fish.

2 Likes

Bloody builders Pete

But there is always another one and my experience has been the ones that come along the second round have done a great job

Bit of a gut feel sort of if you get my gist

I’m not that worried a bit annoyed as they were keen until they realised I’d need the same warranty as a new home. Already talking to 2 others.

1 Like

Absolutely- hold your ground :+1:

Sorry to hear your sad news Pete. So absorbed in my own problems that I forgot others have bad times too. Take care.

7 Likes

Nice to see you back, I was more worried about you. Hope everything is ok.

6 Likes