The Grand Cafe

Now we’re into the 3rd month of 2023 how’s everyone feeling. So much going on at the moment think everyone’s under the pump one way or another. The war drags on our economies aren’t in great shape and the cost of living has skyrocketed. Tough times still to come I think.

Where have all those good time covid vibes gone. :grin: (don’t answer please we all know where that’ll end up).

Anyway in light of the above think it’s time we look on the bright side, anyone got a funny (could be stupid) stories. Something to assume members, there’s nothing to lose as most of us don’t know each other it’s like a free hit.

I’ve told way too much already.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Just adds another !evel of PITA to the process. As if having a house built isn’t already quite an undertaking …

It’s a pain but I’d rather him pull out then start the job and find out his in trouble. Got a meeting with a new one on Sunday. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I’ve a small contribution which recently happened here:

Wife: my weight is exactly 66.6 kg!
I: you’ve indeed seduced me way too often.

3 Likes

Nice to see you back.

Best wishes

Ian

2 Likes

Max capacity of this beauty: 60000 litres per minute. Now that’s sustainable engineering avant le lettre.

5 Likes

Sure is and a great source of clean energy. :+1:

1 Like

That’s fantastic. What great looking and effective piece of engineering.

They’re expecting a crowd of 80,000 at the Harry Styles gig in Sydney tonight. That’s staggering.

I had to Google that one :sunglasses:

Is Harry Stylus Harry’s new hifi shop? Thats not bad for a poor old Naim distributor I’d say.

1 Like

Mike if you had to Google Harry your simply not cool enough, apparently. :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Staggering that they found 80,000 down under that like him……i know i am old.

4 Likes

Well Gazza we must be old fogies cause according to the news they could have sold another 80,000. That’s even more incredible they bought these tickets about a year go.

1 Like

I see 40,000 expected in Auckland. A few more than when I saw Steve Hackett :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I must get out more……

3 Likes

And I might add Harry’s new album on vinyl is only $90 here in Australia

Classic example of super gouging if you ask me :+1::+1::crazy_face::crazy_face:

Almost as bad as naim new classic prices here and NZ :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Did you meet with that other builder for your home ?

1 Like

Yes he’s keen we’re just waiting on paperwork for the DA, he can start in 2 months.

3 Likes

Great news Pete, you must be very pleased with that.

What does the District Attorney do?

3 Likes

Ha ha ha

3 Likes