The Grand Cafe

I’ve no idea what else it could be. Must be an Aussie thing?

Development Approval

1 Like

I’m a right numpty so.

1 Like

Obviously an Aussie thing. How’s your summer ending it’s almost 40c here.

I’m not sure it ever really started, one nice week between Christmas and New Year and a few nice weeks since. At least we haven’t had any more storms since the Cyclone - we had 6 major storms from November… After the Cyclone we really went straight to autumn and we are getting nice warm days and cooler nights, with a few hot days mixed in (mid 20’s - not your 40!).

1 Like

Any temperature over 30 not for me , even then mid 20’s about right

1 Like

Well you should probably consider moving back to NZ, it’s going to drop to around 26c by Friday before going back over 30s till late next week.

Can only get hotter over time for sure

How’s that streamer going.

Sydney temps are pretty good apart from Summer with added humidity - in time I’ll spend most of summer months in the Highlands

In a kilt

2 Likes

Indeed

1 Like

In the UK if a builder can start in 2 months it’s a bit worrying - decent builders have a longer ‘waiting list’. Hope it’s different for you!

2 Likes

Things are starting to slow down here and normally I’d probably agree but I’ve seen his work and followed up on he’s customers all seem to be ok. Also they run up to 5 jobs at a time and just cause he says 2 months it doesn’t mean he will my experience tells me it’ll be more likely 4 to 6 months :grin:

1 Like

Listening to my 5 year old Fiio X5 digital player through my 252 this morning. Have to say it sounds pretty good playing Bowie’s Blackstar 96/24 WAV and while it doesn’t have the attack the NDX2 has a nice analog sound.

3 Likes

Finally got my replacement cable from Witch Hat. I’ve had to swap the 552 and NDX2 around to get the cable dressing right. I didn’t quite measure the required cable length right, but this is a good work around and I quite like having the streamer and TT next to each other. Anyway, it all sounds quite delightful.

7 Likes

I see that TT has not morphed into a Linn Sondek LP12 yet !!:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Actually, I have a mate who may be selling his. But, my current plan is to upgrade the motor and add a Neo PS to the Rega……

Nnnnooooo :-1:t2:ha ha

1 Like

And Sam, the Linn man, has a nice used Superline for sale. That would probably run off the 552 quite nicely……

2 Likes