The Grand Cafe

I feel you haven’t finished yet. :rofl::rofl:

Good you’ve got your cables sorted what is it about blokes and the length of the cables.

I’m away from tomorrow till Tuesday so I’m getting in some listening.

I can’t justify a TT rabbit hole, I just want to modernise the Rega a bit more. I can do the motor and PS for less than a grand. I’d like to squeeze a bit more out of it, but streaming will always be my main source and investment. I’m not even planning to buy any records.

It would indeed , I have one it’s tops , most likely pretty good with 552

I’m thinking however down the line maybe just having one LP12 as currently have 2

On one of the LP12’s I have the superline supercapDR combo ( the ultimate combination , if you get the SL you really need this combo) and the naim Armageddon PS

Problem is that’s 3 levels of fraim - could put the Armageddon next to superline but not really advisable

I’m going through the process of trying to sort this out trying to downsize the number of boxes

The other LP12 is the 40th anniversary which has urika phono inside TT and just the external Radikal PS

Both TT’s have a different sound , advantages and disadvantages

The other thing in the back of my mind is whether going forward Naim will produce a new classic version of the Superline - I have my doubts - the current Superline not compatible with the new 300PS

It’s a bit of a TT rabbit hole yes

Don’t spend too much would be my motto

Unlike myself ha :grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

My motto is just listen to music. :grin:

Don’t be like that - you’re spending too much time in that country town :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Actually too little I’m back in the big smoke tomorrow till Tuesday.

You get about that’s for sure Pete

Forster one day , big smoke after :+1:

Round trip to Bryon - goodness me

I’d like to say it keeps me off the the streets but it’s the opposite. :rofl::rofl:

Least it keeps you focused I do like driving.

After this weekend the next weekend will be the Swans v Hawks at the SCG. Going down with a few friends, we’re also getting a guided tour of the submarine that’s in Darling Harbour. One of the guys that’s going use to be a serving officer it was his first posting. Accommodation at the Royal Motor Club and dinner who knows where. Have you been to Nicks at DH (assuming it’s still there) recently.

Not recently but personally I wouldn’t bother , overpriced and not good at all

May have changed but somehow I doubt it

They use to do the best seafood platters.

Give it a go - you never know

We’ll probably end up in Surry Hills there’s lots of good choices there.

We’ve booked 6 nights in Taupo for the April school holidays. Haven’t been down that way for quite some time, so we are really looking forward to it.

1 Like

That lake looks damn cold.

It will be. Anywhere south of here come April is cold :flushed:

What will you do there?

River and lake cruise, visit the geothermal areas and waterfalls, swim in the thermal pools, visit Ruapehu. We’ll also do a high-tea with Martini’s at the hotel and generally enjoy being away and having drinks and meals without me having to drive. Might see my Aunty and cousins too, who are all there expect one.

2 Likes

That sounds like a decent break. :+1:

1 Like

Sorry mate you can’t do any of that

It’s sacred water and land :crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like