The Grand Cafe

Even the Rega can become a rabbit hole. Chord Company were using one powered by a Neo at the recent Bristol Show. They swopped out the standard power cable from the Neo to the turntable for one of theirs that is screened. The difference was obvious and for me not insignificant.
It is not in production yet, so no price.

2 Likes

It’s weekend. ‘Praise be’.

3 Likes

Already Saturday morning here and not a cloud in the sky.

Mums wake this afternoon, she never wanted a funeral just a get together with family and friends.

6 Likes

All the best. It may sound odd, but a funeral can be a great get together for families.

1 Like

I’m sure they can be but my experience is the opposite. I guess mainly due to most funerals I’ve been to recently are for younger people who we lost way too early. Anyway it’s what she wanted and her wishes need to be respected.

2 Likes

@Mike_S Fantastic lake Taupo. Went there 2019. First time in our lives we went fishing, caught trout that we had a restaurant on the shore prepare for dinner for us. Boat trip…it was like a Bentley on water and a float plane flight. Loved NZ, spent 2 months touring from Cape Reinga to Bluff.

8 Likes

All the best,

Ian

1 Like

That us my wish too…….hope it goes well for you and family.

1 Like

All the best Pete, and I hope you give your mum the send off she really wanted.

2 Likes

Wishing you all a happy celebration of her life and legacy.

2 Likes

I hope it goes well Pete.

2 Likes

My wife usually runs to my Atom to turn the volume down. She really likes the approachable and convenient rotation knob on the top of the device.

I’ve started to tease her a bit and once she walks towards the Atom I start turning it down using the remote or the app. Once she moves away from the Atom I turn it up again based on the distance she has to the device.

Can’t this be automated by the software using input from the proximity sensor?

5 Likes

I’ve taken the plunge and ordered the 12v motor kit for my vintage Rega Planar 3 along with the Neo power supply and a little TT lamp. My dealer will swap the motors and do a once over of the Rega for free and we will drop it off and collect it to and from our Taupo holiday.

The aim to is to squeeze a bit more out of it for my old vinyl collection. I’m sticking with streaming as my main source, so are really looking to to nudge the TT a bit closer to streaming as a vintage system with the old LPs and not going down a big rabbit hole of a new TT, phono and cart, or buying new records. Wish me strength and resolve!

6 Likes

Well done Mike, sensible approach

1 Like

Mike peering out of his upgrade rabbit hole. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

Ha ha good one :+1:

1 Like

Heah! I still have hair.

2 Likes

Maybe it was a self portrait :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I did the Neo/12v Motor thing a few years ago; probably the best improvement ever in terms of $/SQ. I realised I had been tolerating a significant amount of unnecessary speed variation because the old motor was just not up to it. I am hoping it will translate to a better resale value given my other half now thinks we should buy a new turntable :smiley:

1 Like

My wife always say how happy she is that I have my original TT and records, and I just think the black vintage Rega Planar 3 is a prefect visual match to the NDX2.

Great to hear the motor and Neo is worthwhile. Last year I added the reference belt and an Exact cart, so I’ll be pretty well set up.