The Grand Cafe

I mean’t to say that the newer belts play a big part in the speed consistency thing. I only have the white one though, is the reference one better?

1 Like

Yeah you lucky bugger :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Slowly sliding away in the listening couch with a few Guinness for St. Patrick’s after enjoying Top Gun on the big screen and system with the girls.

5 Likes

Original or new Top Gun?

1 Like

I’m home alone for the weekend enjoying a combination of music and catching up on some tv.

3 Likes

Forget to add it’s been as hot as hell here today well over 38c. A few colds beers have helped.

2 Likes

Original tonight (first time for me), we had Maverick last week. We’ve the 4K bluray of both. Fantastic movies on a good system.

1 Like

…but watched in the wrong order @Mike_S :man_shrugging:t2::man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Mrs Mike has seen the original, we watched Maverick on Apple TV and then I bought the bluray of both. It works in reverse :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Is the bluray better?

It’s the 4K UHD we have of both. Maverick is superb with the iMax scenes and the original is also reallly very good visually for its age.

3 Likes

Thanks Mike. I’m thinking of getting the Blu-ray’s and on a special evening hook up the Naim AV2 with all the loudspeakers again, turn up the volume and enjoy.

My wife went to the cinema with my kids to watch it WITHOUT ME. I now deserve at least another Naim purchase.

2 Likes

Hi @seakayaker I was wondering if you’ve driven the coast road from San Francisco to Santa Monica (along the coast). I’m working on a few paintings from a trip we did a few years ago but it was so foggy you could hardly see anything. I think it’s a sea mist that rolls in off the Pacific, I wasn’t wondering if it was common. Cheers.

1 Like

I have done a portion of the trip down the California coast. The Washington, Oregon and California coast lines are beautiful but can have a lot of mist and fog. The Oregon coast line is beautiful. The State has made a major effort to keep the ocean views available with development contained on the eastern side of the road with a lot of open space and views of the Pacific.

2 Likes

They have done a great job of keeping it development to a minimum. It may have a bit to do with the fault line.

1 Like

@Pete_the_painter That was difficult day. Thoughts were with you :heart:

2 Likes

Something else to scare the average English tourist.

3 Likes

Thanks Pete. Another reason to stay where it’s cold and damp.

3 Likes

Ah, the offspring from Shelob.

1 Like

Yes, black mould instead of black spiders.

1 Like