The Grand Cafe

Sinus is my biggest issue thankfully during our winter it’s not such an issue

58 years old and a sufferer since early childhood.
Yeah, I got the meds covered.
The only times in my life I have had total relief was the 3 years I lived in Arabia, the year I lived in Kazakhstan and surprisingly the first year after both Heart Surgeries. Those two post surgery years I reckon the universe gave me a pass😉

I can vouch for a hepa filter air purifier…….had to buy one for my daughter. You could use during the day in your cabin and then move it to your bedroom an hour or so before bedtime?

I have considered one of those in the past, but never done anything about it.
Maybe I should research the current product lines🤔

We bought a a Shark air purifier……daughter took it with her when she left home.

I use one of these - it’s big but if you want it to clear a big room of pollen it will do the job. Smaller ones just don’t cut it. About £400

2 Likes

Is it very noisy Crispy?

No. When you first switch on it can blast away but cleans up a room very quickly. After that it runs really quietly. It doesn’t wake my wife up in bedroom so it must be quiet!

1 Like

I have the same problem with sinuses, but it tends to be all year round for me. I think maybe house dust or something like that is the culprit. I do most of the things that @crispyduck suggests, including a large and a small Levoit air purifiers with the charcoal filters as well. But I still wake up with post nasal drip making me cough and most of the time I need to take another antihistamine at that point and sit up in bed for 20 or 30 minutes till it takes effect. I usually fall back to sleep sitting up during this time.
But it would be so nice just to go to bed, pass out, and wake up 6 or 7 hours later.

I will investigate. Thank you :blush:

It’s the Philips 3000i and is controlled by phone app

1 Like

@Pete_the_painter Richard messaged me. I’ve just sent an email again, if this has not arrived let me know.

Thanks

Not the greatest first day for the “Visitors” at Edgbaston yesterday @Pete_the_painter.
Is this going to be difficult 1st Test for your boys? :thinking:

No not at all. One days batting doesn’t make a test you guys still have to bowl out the number 1 ranked team (twice). Besides I’ve always thought this will be a very competitive series.

1 Like

Not a cricket person really, but who can resist an opportunity to poke the “Aussie” Bear when it comes to the Ashes. Especially when their playing in England :wink: :joy:

I know we’re easy targets but sports taught me not to be too cocky too early.

6 Likes

As Jerry Lawler observed “keep your words sweet, you may have to eat them one day”

2 Likes

And I’ve eta a lot words. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Just over a week before I fly out for the UK. Haven’t been overseas since 2019 and not sure how I feel about air travel right now. Seems the airlines that the tax payer prompt up during covid are now out to fleece as much as they can out of the average punter the same sucker that bailed them out. Business class is now dearer than first class was before covid and they’re charging you for stuff that was free.

Anyway looking forward to the cricket catching up with a few members a factory tour and more importantly English pubs.

5 Likes

Looks like a bit of a bucket-list trip @Pete_the_painter? English pubs, seeing Aussie v England at Lords and a Naim tour. Should be great, and a well deserved bit of fun after a tough year for you. Have a wonderful time.

1 Like