The Grand Cafe

2 Likes

Home at last (Sydney anyway).

Well that’s 24 hours I’ll never get back.

4 Likes

I made out the wording, but don’t know the connection to the song or Bowie.

1 Like

2 Likes

IMG_3078

Photo shoot for the cover of Bowie’s Ziggy Stardust album.

3 Likes

I’ve got a “Naim” tag, only found in my little bag of goods while unpacking.

Think they spelt my name wrong. :grin:

2 Likes

You’ll have to go back and get it fixed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

My guide @Collywobbles pointed this house out near Lords, any guesses to who’s house it is.

2 Likes

Mine :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

No idea !!

How was the flight home Pete ? Worse than going there , I’ve always found long flights back are tougher , why I don’t know

1 Like

My guess is Paul McCartney lived there.

Is that the bathroom room window she came in through.

1 Like

Could be Mick Jaggers he’s into cricket

I believe he still owns it.

1 Like

Did you manage to get the upgrade?

Stormy weather here.

1 Like

Are you guys in Aussie getting that weather shift to El-Nino? It’s definitely on the change here, now getting dominant westerlies, so I’m expecting the big equinox winds late September and a long dry summer. Will make for a nice change after a wet 12 months - we have had over 3m of rain with the strong La-Nina and more storms than I can remember.

Had very little rain here Mike over the last 3-4 months

When I go down to the southern highlands it’s really dry and if it keeps up it’s not going to go well with potential bush fires in summer

It was real bad a few years ago wiping out massive areas plus many people lost their houses

Looks as though here we go again

1 Like

Bought extra space which made huge difference. However nothing makes a 7 hour flight, 3 hours in the layout over and another 13 hours enjoyable.

3 Likes

Mike we’ve had 2 wet cold (for us anyway) summers and floods. They’re now predicting a dry hot summer.

2 Likes

Mike funny you should mention the weather the start of a current affairs show here warning of dry hot summer starting early spring. There’s huge risks of fire and drought. Apparently there’s a super El Nino that could last years.

Today was the hottest day (average worldwide) on record.

2 Likes

Once you start to turn left or buy extra space it’s difficult to break the habit! But I agree long haul is especially tricky. Isn’t there a fast boat service?