The Grand Cafe

I think I missed the S1 thread. Probably a good thing, given my purchase history……

2 Likes

There’ll be a Bentley thread soon as that’s the only way you can get Naim as an option with your new car.

@Mike_S you certainly have come a long way in a few years. Definitely with a bullet.

Had the first opportunity to actually listen to some music last night for a week or so. No one home and volume up sounded mighty fine.

1 Like

Yes, it’s funny how things work out. I’ve aimed to get a “retirement system” well in place and ahead of when I retire, and have been lucky with some good opportunities to get me above where I intended to finish.

2 Likes

Dave. That is very kind, thank you. And Kudos to your wife (misspelling deliberate for hifi related greenhouse reasons :wink:) for the greenhouse move.

Today is the day that I fess up that I have always thought the ignore feature was mythical :joy: Must have a look though it sounds like a lot of effort :grimacing:

2 Likes

If you use the ignore function in all of the forums you visit, then you are likely to believe the world is cleverer than it really is. :grinning:

9 Likes

I’m going to quote that. :+1:

4 Likes

Very good👍

3 Likes

Just had a post removed, someone obviously objected to my condemnation of the person(s) who felled the magnificent 300 year old Sycamore tree.

I find is very strange that there is someone here who believes the loss of this tree is acceptable (and my comments of condemnation are not), there are some very sad minded individuals here on this forum, and very shameful action to covertly moderate in complete support this vandalism.

16 Likes

That really is putting it very politely indeed!

1 Like

Debs I’m never surprised by what humans get up to, I don’t always like us.

3 Likes

Debs, I removed it (your post, not the tree!). I’ll message you as to why.

I thought it was a very elegant post.

3 Likes

Elegant post is all what remains of the tree.

3 Likes

Now suffering greenhouse envy :joy:

9 Likes

That’s a really nice greenhouse, they’re not that popular here

Is that bird netting @TimOopNorth
What are you keeping off and from what?:thinking:

Not our garden! Lingholme Hall I think it is called - a few miles west of Keswick. The netting is suspended from all the walls of the garden. Lots of different veg

2 Likes

That’s brilliant!!

2 Likes

Glad to assist, Tim. And the Ignore function is really very simple, it just took a while to perfect it, like taking some people back off that I had initially put on ignore.

1 Like

Well yeah, that’s because their used for growing vegetables, and despite the name, Vegemite doesn’t really go with veggies.