The Grand Cafe

@Pete_the_painter I seem to remember that discourse also counts days based on the server TZ. So if you’re in a different one and don’t check the forum at the same time each day it could that it counted two of them on the same day and no visits for the next. Whereas you did visit three consecutive days.

That’s true we often have time issues that aren’t our fault. A fair system would be based on how long you’ve been a member and if you’ve been well behaved. Strange setup.

Agree. I’m generally not a fan of Discourse.

Also fair would be to take the users TZ into account, which is part of your profile.

Naim don’t have to use the levels of member and regular. It’s a choice they have made. I am a member of another forum hosted on Discourse and on there the level of member is as high as it gets (apart from a couple of administrators).

I’ve just read in Audio T’s online magazine of Cyrus’s new turntable , 53 lb in weight andin my HiFi magazine yesterday , were details of the Mission amplifier and Musical Fidelity’s new LS3/5 a speakers

Funny old world

2 Likes

I read the Hi Fi mag and noticed them as well, nothing is new. Retro is so cool I’m hoping I come back into fashion. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Oh you have young fella :+1:

1 Like

I have a picture in my mind of you accidentally hitting those painting fingers with a hammer whilst cleaning bricks🥺

2 Likes

When I retired from The City I did a bricklaying course in Darford.

To get a half brick we used a cold chisel to split the brick. Someone asked the tutor don’t brickies just hold the brick and give it a whack with their trowel. Yes said the tutor and just look at how many of them have a bandaged finger or thumb.

4 Likes

I’ve bought gloves and most importantly insurance.

Away at Nelson Bay from tomorrow and not back till Monday so won’t be starting in earnest till mid next week. Still waiting on replies re a working holiday. :grin:

2 Likes

The food looks good, but too hot for us brits.

2 Likes

Having a few days r and r at Nelson’s Bay.

21 Likes

You miss not being by the sea don’t you ??

1 Like

It’s only an hour and 10 away

1 Like

I just can’t see those bricks being done at this rate.

4 Likes

What bricks. :flushed:

4 Likes

Gorgeous

6 Likes

Youngest offspring is closing a deal on a property just south of Reading. Amongst the plethora of “mandatory” searches and add-ons needed was an HS2 impact assessment. Seems it is needed if within 50 miles of Euston (or something like that). A man with a clipboard and a camera (for evidence purposes) turned up to verify whether or not there would be an impact on the project or the house. And charged about 50 quid for the privilege. You couldn’t make it up, could you.
The whole purchasing process is now entering its 6th month. No chain, no apparent issues, just excuses why everything takes time.

2 Likes

For a moment or two, I thought I was still reading the ‘Best Jokes’ thread.

But you’re right, you couldn’t make it up !

Got to Australia, nice and warm.

Pool is two steps from our deck:

Went to the Sunshine Plaza yesterday @Bevo - very nice, very big: larger than anything in NZ.

Heading to Australia Zoo this morning, will probably do two half days there, it’s pretty warm :sunglasses:

7 Likes