The Grand Cafe

Ah Sunshine Plaza Mike

Was involved with that centre from day one - there was a very small centre on one side of river and a caravan park in the other

Went through 2 massive developments it was pretty good fun really

Probably valued around the $800m - $1bn these days

Very happy days on that one

1 Like

Yes agreed. My arse**le comment was very tongue-in-cheek.

1 Like

Sunshine Plaza current value $1.2bn Mike

1 Like

On the large stone I envision my SuperNait.

7 Likes

That looks very nice indeed.

1 Like

That looks lovely. Beautiful windows. Why the map of the U.K.? You are in the NL safely inside the EU. We are outsiders now :cry:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve more maps, but this one did not have a place anymore in the main house but covers the wall nicely.

Iā€™m still looking for a large map of Europe in 1913

3 Likes

Looks fantastic and your windows look very similar to the ones weā€™ll be using.

2 Likes

I wasnā€™t sure whether to ā€˜cut & pasteā€™ a couple of articles iā€™ve just browsed and put them in the ā€˜Best Jokesā€™ thread or ā€¦

The Grand Cafe

ā€¦ so ā€¦

Looks like British Airways has finally revealed its new uniforms. The first change in 20 years.
Generally IMHO, the uniforms look OK but it seems as if some of the aircrew arenā€™t impressed.

However, what caught my eye is the fact that crew can apparently ā€˜gender identifyā€™. Specifically, Male pilots and cabin crew can wear makeup and carry handbags. They can also op to wear the skirts and blouses etc that the company anticipated most female crew would elect to wear.

I thought I had mis-read the report, until I looked at the accompanying photograph.

Mrs D thinks iā€™m an old fuddy-duddy who needs to wake up (or is that woke up ?) and move with changes in current society.

Iā€™m not sure if I should heed her advice or be worried by her advice !!

3 Likes

Don Iā€™d be more inclined to follow Mrs Dā€™s advice. Imo thereā€™s far too much serious sh*t going on that needs more attention.

3 Likes

Sounds as if they have been watching that Virgin advert.

1 Like

Doorā€™s open now :slight_smile:

Door has been repaired this morning, not sure if itā€™s permanently ok now.

6 Likes

Started brick cleaning in earnest yesterday and also restarted swimming. Mrs Pete away with friends for the week which also meant I was up painting till just after midnight. Woke up this morning and am struggling to stand upright. :grin::grin:

A photo of Dartmouth in the nice photo thread reminded me that Iā€™d never finished my only 2 UK paintings. Think theyā€™re done now, hope I havenā€™t offended any Devon locals.

Anyway itā€™s just after 9am here and Iā€™m off to clean more bricks. :grin:

19 Likes

Lovely paintings a wonderful talent.

That road sign is going to date your painting. 40mph in the UK some people would dream about the g force and nose bleeds from that velocity.

6 Likes

Thank you, driving down to Dartmouth I was more worried about losing a minor as the truck screamed past. :grin:

1 Like

Better keep practiced with the painting otherwise itsā€¦ā€¦Pete_the_brickšŸ˜‚

8 Likes

Careful with the spelling there @Gazza :wink:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s very funny @Gazza :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

I was about to post that Iā€™d given up and hired my builder to help, he starts tomorrow. Iā€™m too old for this kind of stuff.

5 Likes

The auto checker would have great funšŸ˜‚

1 Like

Things have moved along here Josh is slightly faster than me at cleaning bricks. :grin:

In a morning weā€™ve almost done what took me alone 4 days and no one mentioned colonoscopy.

4 Likes