The Grand Cafe

I got married in Dartmouth, lovely place.

1 Like

Does anyone here avoid the news. A self imposed news blackout. T v, radio, newspapers wherever possible.
I’ve done it when on holiday and felt better for it but was wondering if anyone does it full time.

2 Likes

Yes and I don’t stop there, I have foregone all social media services as well (with the exception of this one).
I am definitely happier for it!!

3 Likes

The news is always depressing I try not to watch it in TV but do occasionally listen to the radio.

There’s just so much (bad news) going on that it makes you wonder what’s next. It almost feels like some are just itching for WWlll unfortunately.

3 Likes

Dartmouth was such a gorgeous place we really liked it, I’m a big fan of that part on the UK.

2 Likes

I avoid all TV and radio news , follow events on line .

Too much bias, the BBC is I feel somewhat tarnished by the producers of QT and the presence of LK.

1 Like

I also try to avoid any news. Funny how good news just doesn’t sell. I end up seeing a bit on Yahoo News on my tablet at night, usually after I’ve finished on this site for the night. Downright depressing. And a tad scary, if I scared easily.
Lotta hate out there …

5 Likes

Yes, a few people I know have said in the last year that it feels a bit like the 1930s. Worrying.

1 Like

I know it’s quite depressing if you take it on board.

1 Like

Should be a weekend of double celebrations over here this weekend :sunglasses::sunglasses:

Don’t see a lot to celebrate

Well, one if the AB’s lose. But having Irish blood, I’m quids-in either way on that one. If I’m wrong on the Saturday night result, we’re moving to Australia. So, that’s a win either way as well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Traitor :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

What’s your address. :smirk:

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Surprised you have not kidnapped Mike for brick duties.

3 Likes

Since I retired in 2016 I don’t listen/read the news.

Rarely watch live TV so not an issue there. Radio is Radio 4extra (no news) and Radio 3 (swiftly turned off at 1pm and 6pm when the news arrives).

Not remotely interested in reading newspapers and avoid the stand in the supermarket.

Why oh why would you want to be depressed all the time. It is beyond me why people listen to the news nowadays.

Only thing is - is Cliff Richard still alive? - although that sort of ‘news’ I would pick up here.

4 Likes

Hasn’t he been dead for years, it certainly sounds like it.

3 Likes

@Bevo moving it away from the other thread a 350 (x2) might be my last upgrade. Unfortunately I probably won’t do anything till the building is finished.

3 Likes

Crikey, they’ll hear you down at the pub :sunglasses:.

Will be interested to see how the 300 series pricing looks.