The Grand Cafe

Well it’s probably 9 months before I can do anything. I’d need to hear it because having all that power is great but it needs to sound good at normal listening levels. It’s probably different for most us, but you don’t (well I don’t) play at loud levels constantly.

1 Like

Good luck to you mate I won’t be going anywhere near the 350’s

If anything at all

Famous last words perhaps :flushed:

… Mrs D tells me that he’s on at the Hammersmith Apollo sometime soon.
At least, that’s where she told me she was going, with some friends,

The simplest things are beautiful if you want to see it.

2 Likes

Like your painting (what I could see of it anyway).

@Mike_S are you still in the land of oz.

1 Like

We got back to Auckland on Wednesday and home Thursday. Sunshine Coast was an absolute delight, Australia seems to have much more ambition to get things done and done well compared to here. Still nice to be back - ask me again tomorrow :sunglasses:

1 Like

I know you obviously read my other post to Ian. I love getting away but I find these days I love getting home more.

2 Likes

I’m still in holiday mode, chilling out with some music since I missed that whilst away. I’ve a long list of jobs to do, but needs must.

Next up is a spa with Miss Mike - fresh fill of water, so one job done, though some plastic fittings broke, so another job done today :roll_eyes:

Have a listen to Roger Water DSOTM Redux. :smirk:

1 Like

Just bought it as a Christmas pressie to a friend . As long as it doesn’t have Donald The Duck…

My Christmas present to myself, some lovely Maltese fruitcake from Cafe Cordina in Valletta , bought at Duty Free. The Cafe Cordina is a Maltese Institution , some fine patisserie , coupled with Mediterranean cafe culture. Sit and watch the world go by with a coffee and a pastizzi

Screenshot 2023-10-14 at 09.42.36

3 Likes

When I lived in the city (Sydney) in the early 90s there was a Maltese cafe up the road towards Darlinghurst. Fantastic and cheap pasta and pastries. Think that’s where I started to put in weight. :grin:

Sadly gone (cook died) and it’s probably a trendy cafe or a tattoo shop now. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

The Caffe Cordina is a Maltese institution been around since 1837

3 Likes

83 today Andy. Bless him.

1 Like

And 83 face lifts - god bless him :pray:

4 Likes

Marc Chagall

1 Like

Love his work, got to visit his museum in Nice a few years ago.

I took my now wife to a Chagall exposition on our second date. Should visit that museum!

Make sure you Uber from Nice we walked up the hill which is a lot further (and steeper) than it looks in 35c. Well worth it though.

That painting gives a lot about you. All the best in these difficult times to you and your family.