The Grand Cafe

Great night at the women’s rugby presentation luckily enough to have the current captain of the Aussies women’s team as a guest speaker. Interesting to hear first hand the struggle these girls have compared to the protected species (the men). Great night soured slightly by finding out of of our girls in a life death struggle with cancer. Fck I hate cancer.

4 Likes

In a small rural town of just over 3000 people we managed to raise $25k in one night to help Sarah fight her battle with cancer. I’ve lived in bigger towns and regions that struggle to to match that kind of generosity.

6 Likes

That’s certainly a good thing in villages / rural communities like we live in too.

We’ve 3 having cancer around us at the moment. An aunt of mine, a fellow organist and my brothers mum in law who’s also a friend of my mum. For the last we expect she does soon. Lifelong smoker, just retired, lung cancer. We are happy that from the younger generations everybody stopped smoking or never started.

2 Likes

Wow……hats off to your village

5 Likes

Damn hot here, temp not expected to drop below 24c overnight. They’ll be no bricking cleaning tomorrow.

3 Likes

You at the stadium yet Pete for McCartney gig?

1 Like

Just got here.

1 Like

Perhaps you can pick up a Beatles wig from the merch stall :wink:

1 Like

I use to have one of those when I didn’t need it. :grin:

3 Likes

Who are the support acts?

1 Like

According to the tickets no one.

2 Likes

I saw Bob Dylan in London a few years ago. No support on at 7pm off at 9pm and I was in bed by 10pm.

2 Likes

3 hour gig evidently

Pre recorded ha ha :crazy_face::crazy_face::flushed::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Have fun Pete, I hope you can last the distance….

2 Likes

CNN

4 Likes

We need to know what amps, speakers and cables he is using Pete😂

4 Likes

No name

2 Likes

Warm evening Pete ?

1 Like

Damn hot luckily the sun is just setting

3 Likes

If I was you I would get myself up the front in one of those comfy chairs pronto

3 Likes