The Grand Cafe

That was good. But my very favourite was A for Andromeda and Beta Breakthrough (I think that was the name of the follow-up.
Julie Christie - very nice.

1 Like

Went to a town hall meeting this afternoon our local council was threatening to shut down our local pool. Guess they didnā€™t count on the amount of anger that decision had generated. Theyā€™d retracted their earlier decision before the meeting and spent 2 hours trying to justify themselves.

Trouble is thereā€™s other smaller communities facing a tougher fight. A few residents here intend to travel to the other towns to help in there fight.

Score so far the people 1 council 0.

8 Likes

Councils forget that they are for the people.

1 Like

Most of the time they are struggling with difficult budgets and work out what is the least worse thing to do - eg close the pool or reduce services for people with dementia. Most councillors I know are very decent people with a difficult job

2 Likes

What was the reason for trying to shut it down Pete?

Running costs etc ?

They run at a $3.5 loss per year. We argued on the basis that they spend way more than that on the waterfront east of the M1. We do understand thereā€™s budgets and itā€™s a huge shire covering over 10,000 2mk and only 90,000 residents. Weā€™re still negotiating opening hours.

I agree @crispyduck there are good people there under pressure to manage expectations and cut costs. Our problem is thereā€™s a lot of roads and most were badly damaged during two major floods in 3 months last year.

I can only speak about our local council and I believe itā€™s badly managed and itā€™s process are full of red tape.

Talk to me about it, fighting our local council over the football :soccer: pitch closure has been time consuming and a complete revelation on the incompetence, ineptitude, nastiness and arrogance of some politicians.

My view is simple having wrecked the pitch and stadium knowing that there was no land available for a like for like replacement they should pay to put it back out of their own pocket

The pitch cost them nothing to run, but they wanted to build on it (itā€™s on a flood plain) and they never tried for an Environmental Impact Assessment which planning regulations require

Then they lied in court which is verifiable

1 Like

Our local council in southern highlands is currently being run by administrators - the other lot were all thrown out

This lot arenā€™t much better

There they have so many departments there have no idea whoā€™s doing what and if they do talk to each other itā€™s obviously about what they did on the weekend.

1 Like

What size room would suit the new Nat.

Donā€™t understand ? NAT ?

Oops sorry Nait 50

Iā€™m using mine in room 4.5 metres long by about 3.5 metres wide

Could go a bit larger than that but need efficient speakers

Iā€™m using mine with the Neat Petites stand mounts at I think 87db at 8 ohms but could use with the floor standing Neat Elites I reckon

Donā€™t underestimate this little beauty itā€™s a powerful little blighter, probably one of my best naim purchases over the years

You thinking of one ?

Would they drive my Neats?

No I doubt it / your Neats require plenty of power to be at their best, they are in a different league

Even a Supernait 3 in my opinion would not be the best or at an absolute minimum

Having a big rethink about all my boxes. Iā€™m selling my Atom and my old Royds as a package as well as a Yamaha AV amp plus my Kef surround speakers. Iā€™ve just bought the Sonos wireless surround speakers system no wires no cable upgrades no worry. Thinking about how itā€™ll all work in the new place.

I am also reviewing my main system but Iā€™ll probably wait till we move in and see how it suits my new studio.

2 Likes

Yep wise move to wait

Iā€™m also going through a phase of trying to think about what happens if I eventually live in one place and what pieces of gear might go

Bit difficult I must admit trying to figure out what black boxes might go

Re Nait 50, Harry has used it with the Neat Petite Classicā€™s and also some of the Iota range floor standers

My studio is going to be about 4m x 6m but I donā€™t want the hi fi taking all the room.

1 Like

The Nait 50 may work in that space depending on speakers

I know at one stage Harry was using the Nait 50 with the NDX2 ( which I am currently albeit also with the XPS2 )

It sounds really good

Neat have also just released the Mysteck ( not quite spelt right ) floorstander which is only about 70cm tall and getting really good reviews

Harry has the ear mag review on Facebook . It could suit your studio as very discrete

You could always upgrade to main system to ND555 and use NDX2/Nait 50 in studio

Love spending other peopleā€™s money :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Why wouldnā€™t you just put core and atom in the studio with nice pair of speakers ?

1 Like