The Grand Cafe

A box of Kleenex tissues posted to you, should be with you in the new year.:joy:

2 Likes

Keep the tonearm Mike

Only way to improve that is an Ekos SE

Mate of mine started exactly where your TT is today ( same arm etc)

Harry serviced it and added the lingo 4 and karousel

It sounds very good , he bows to Harry every day :grinning:

3 Likes

Cheers, I appreciate your knowledge and advice. A rusted pair of hands being a fellow Kiwi, even though we haven’t meet.

1 Like

@Mike_S Agree with @Bevo
Ittok is a pretty decent tonearm.
Although a move to Ekos SE might show a gain, consider other bits are more significant.

But, actually, I quite like the look of the Ittok. ( Also, the Ekos from same era).

Something rather special about fluted plinth and Ittok tonearm together. Just looks “right”.

2 Likes

Yep agree ratrat they do look great together :+1:

2 Likes

Hope you’re in air conditioned bar somewhere. Just went outside it’s like an oven.

I’ll be going to the Exchange pub here in Balmain as guys I know have just taken over the downstairs bar and restaurant ( all other levels closed for Reno’s) as a pop up - went there last evening also it was very cool under the air con

Italian brothers use to have restaurant near work in the city

They’ve got a great range of Italian beers on tap

It’s bleedin freezin over here…!

But, I know the 40’s+ are coming…typically starting Xmas Day….:flushed::hot_face:

I do love the pubs in Balmain, I wasn’t aware the Exchange had closed. We use to live a few blocks away, wasn’t my favourite but it was popular back then.

Are you in WA?

Yup…for my sins.

You’ve had your share of hot weather recently think what we’ve go now drifted over from you guys.

Next few days are going to reach 40+ here.

Yep and the same guys that bought the Exchange also bought the Town Hall pub on the main corner

That’s closed also and they will redo when Reno’s completed on Exchange - going slow though

Is the Town Hall that hole opposite Woolies?

Always thought that was the worst pub in Balmain.

Yeah, we had a bit a few weeks ago, first taste of summer….but yes, thankfully bit of a cooler spell now……But sure as eggs, around Xmas it typically kicks in….then of course Feb or so we get the real hot stuff……
Still, least it’s just hot and dry here, then wet in winter (a lot more so than people seem to think!) ….You guys over East get it all, week to week it seems – Fires and Floods….:worried:

I Love a Sun Burt Country kinda of wraps it all up nicely. It’s always been a tough continent but I wouldn’t swap it for quids. :grin:

1 Like

My Mother and Grandparents nearly did for £10 (in the opposite direction of course), but then my Grandfather got a job at the last minute and they ended up staying in the UK……Somewhat ironic, I end up here 60 years or so later, though was somewhat accidental…!
Has taken me a while, but must admit I’ve come round to certain things and a certain charm……

Never will understand the Mullet though….! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nope the one at corner Darling and Rowntree

That one opposite Woolies is a dog pit how it survives I don’t know since you left Balmain :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::rofl::rofl:

I’d say more than half of Australians don’t understand them either.

1 Like

Ha the Town Hall, a friend of mine who has a property up here ( and a house in Balmain and one at Blueys Beach) daughter use to work there. Damn small world.

That pub across from Woolies is full of drunks and poker machines. Horrible place someone should grab that place by the neck and do something decent with it.