The Grand Cafe

Respect @Bevo , that’s not a bad informative reply considering…though they are Aussie Beers I guess….

2 Likes

Ha ha I’m at the bar still had a couple of those Italian beers on tap and no doubt a couple more

Here also for lunch tomorrow with couple of my best friends and then my older brother here with 5 other people dinner tomorrow

The Martin boys will have shares in this business if this continues :grinning:

4 Likes

Italian beers , sensational

3 Likes

I the number

1 Like

Has it been getting hotter where you are, year on year, due to the changes in weather patterns, or was it pretty close to the temps your experiencing now, at this time of year, even 10 or 15 years back?
I’m just curious as to the changes in other parts of the world.
In Southern Ontario here it’s definitely just generally warmer over the last 10 or 15 years. Less snow as well, thank God …

I don’t know to be honest as I said earlier it’s a tough place but it does seem a little more unpredictable these days.

Our temperature for tomorrow has been revised to 44c tomorrow, while I’m use to warm summers it does appear to be getting warmer.

That’s what I was kind of thinking. 44 does seem a tad excessive, unless of course it’s been like that all along. We had quite a few days this summer between 38 and 41 degrees, well not a lot but probably 10 or 15 days in that range.
That’s sort of why I was asking because in the great white North here, you don’t expect 40° temperatures for that many days of the summer. And I figured if it gets to be 40 degrees here, it must be getting to be 45° there.
It sure is altering the wine growing seasons in Europe and what used to be medium-bodied wines from certain areas, they’re becoming medium to full bodied wines.

Apparently it has a huge impact on wine producers and the reason Tasmanian wine has become so popular. Most of our best wines (reds) come out of South Australia as it’s always had a Mediterranean climate but I feel that’s changing.

1 Like

This may answer those questions

2 Likes

Isn’t Cyclone Jasper about to give your NE corner a bit of a battering this weekend?

Sure is but that’s a couple of thousand kilometres north. :grin:

Last time I looked it was heading towards Port Douglas north of Cains.

1 Like

Back here in blighty we would be very worried……with our weather forecasting, plus or minus a few thousand miles😬

1 Like

I remember coming back from doing some work in the Middle East, where the temperatures were over 40oC. Got into to Heathrow and it was -6oC.

Bit of a shock.

DG…

1 Like

I know what you mean Diggy. I worked out in Dubai & Kuwait for a few years in the early 90’s and the weather was the main reason I disliked coming home on leave.

1 Like

On a positive note the new distributor has reached out (via my dealer) to help get my streamer fixed. Apparently they’ll be able to repair it in Melbourne meaning I’ll only be without it for a few weeks instead of months.

6 Likes

Interesting. So they exist then…?! :rofl:

As I mentioned previously, I had been told by Naim Support that the service facility of the last few years was continuing, so I guess this must be Melbourne….

Good news for you though….and for us all!
Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Yeah they do apparently however it’s going to be so hard for them while A2A still has heavily discounted stock for sale online.

Let’s hope it works it’s self out and things return normal.

Trade it in the nc 333 :crazy_face::crazy_face:

No thanks Harry.

Ha ha - likewise

I’m doing nothing