The Grand Cafe

I have done that a few timesšŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never done it Iā€™ve heard some funny stories by people who have.

My old haunt would be Grays in Essex to London Fenchurch street for gigs and a drink. That return journey with that comforting noise and rocking has found me at the end of the night in Southend on sea.
A Santana gigā€¦ā€¦missed the last train, slept upright in a phone boxā€¦ā€¦got the 4 am milk/newspaper trainā€¦ā€¦those were the days.

4 Likes

Friend Iā€™m staying with was telling me he missed stop and ended up having to walk over 15km at 1am to get home.

1 Like

My dad did that years ago coming home late from London.
He was supposed to get off at High Wycombe, but fell asleep and ended up at Princess Risborough some 15-20 miles from High Wycombe.
The car was in High Wycombe and it was the middle of the nightā€¦:man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I think this was a regular thing as a teenager. Welwyn Garden City to Kings X. Return on the milk train, fall asleep, get turfed off by the guard at Peterborough ā€œ unless youā€™ll be going to Scotlandā€ :grinning:

1 Like

Gee. ā€¦ I donā€™t know, thatā€™s pretty nice, big Toblerone ā€¦

Itā€™s a chilli 35c today. :grin:

3 Likes

@Pete_the_painter should be fine with his big Tobleroneā€¦.

6 Likes

Once the grandkids grab it Iā€™ll be luck a crumb. Itā€™ll keep them quite while eat but as soon as they suger kicks theyā€™ll climbing the roof.

3 Likes

Pete with his new Neatsā€¦

10 Likes

Ha ha yeah when on saw that on Facebook I thought of Pete :+1:

2 Likes

I forgot just how much I hate travelling these days.
On our way to the Airport to fly to Barcelona for 4 days and all edgy. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

Never understood that Iā€™m always excited to be going somewhere. Youā€™re off to Barcelona (I think) we had a great time there the only issue is pickpockets but fortunately we were not targeted.

Plane travel to is just the means to the end try to relax. Enjoy yourselves. :+1:

2 Likes

I was playing golf last month in Mijas, Spain and I thought do you know what I just canā€™t be bothered.

So loaded up the car and drove down - Loire Valley, San SebastiƔn, Valladolid and Mijas.

Back along the coast via Valencia.

It might take you more than 4 days and puts 2,500 miles on the car but boy is it a joy not to be at an airport and not a pot hole in sight - roads we could only dream about.

It does help living ten minutes from the Eurotunnel entrance.

7 Likes

This is totally different to how I always used to be. Always loved travelling, just not feeling it this weekšŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Sub tropical 13 c here today after last weeks 0 c.

2 Likes

We have arrived.
A ā€œBalmyā€ 18 degrees CšŸ˜Š, but not SunnyšŸ«¤
Journey was really easy and uncomplicated.
From landing to hotel transport a ridiculously quick 20 minutes and that included baggage claimā€¦:flushed:

2 Likes

Enjoy!

2 Likes

See nothing to worry about enjoy yourself.

1 Like