The Grand Cafe

Last day tomorrow but from home thank god - CBD is nuts

Back on 9th Jan - probably my last year year 2024 Pete

Had a great run in corporate property life but time to plan for another life

2 Likes

I deliberately finish at least a week before Christmas to get away from all the silliness and burn-out that seems endemic at this time of the year.

1 Like

Yep I agree Iā€™ve left it a bit late this year Mike , you should see the idiots in Sydney CBD

1 Like

It seems the same everywhere chaos and crowds I donā€™t miss it at all. Iā€™m off for drinks with the local business chamber, things are a lot less stressed here.

See on another thread youā€™ve managed to get the word woke in one more time. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I was quite pleased with myself. If people canā€™t call Christmas by itā€™s name, they should stop taking the holiday :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Thatā€™s a really good point. Iā€™m gonna steal that one ā€¦

4 Likes

Why not, itā€™s Wednesday already and youā€™re home alone. Have fun.

3 Likes

I certainly agree with that however I do wish some folk who get all ā€œChristmascyā€ this time of the year would carry that spirit all year round.

4 Likes

Excellent news. Have you got the relevant care services in place or are you going to ā€˜wingā€™ itā€¦:wink:
How are you feeling following your recent recharging event?

2 Likes

Heā€™s gone to the pub to recharge :+1:

4 Likes

All good thanks how are you going with your covid, hope youā€™re on the mend.

2 Likes

Bad day today, hopefully itā€™s the peak.
Traciā€™s feeling better today, so maybe tomorrow Iā€™ll wake up and be over the worst of it. :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers:

And so, summer has arrivedā€¦.

Yep just seen the news, it wouldnā€™t be summer without bush fires. Hope your safe, take care.

Cheers mate.

Yeah, all okā€¦that was a few hours ago to be honest, is under control now ā€“ though I think thereā€™s another bad one a few Km northā€¦ā€¦It was going to have to jump the highway to get to us, so wasnā€™t too threateningā€¦though of course it easily can and doesā€¦!
I have a fast car, thatā€™s my planā€¦!

I have a feeling this year may be a bad one, both East and West, with El NiƱo etcā€¦.

Yep houses and stuff can be replaced.

1 Like

How did the concrete pour go for the foundations?

1 Like

19th of next month Gazza, although we were given a verbal consent to set a few weeks ago the paperwork only arrived today.

2 Likes

Seems at least one poor bigger lost a house in the one near me todayā€¦.even the BBC seemed interestedā€¦!