The Grand Cafe

All in good time GazzašŸ˜‰

1 Like

Well hopefully it will save you enough to spend elsewherešŸ¤žšŸ½

What panels and inverter do you have QS? We get three phase next week and after it panels too so Iā€™m checking possibilities.

Hi @Ardbeg10y the Panels are 14x Tenka 450W All Black (7 on each side of the roof which is East/West facing).
Battery and Inverter is 3.6kW Inverter (Single Phase) ECCO with a Sunsynk 5.12kWh IP65 Battery

I hope that makes some sense re manufacturers, as itā€™s the only data I have at this time. Iā€™ll probably have more tomorrow when Iā€™ve spoken to the ā€˜Sparkiesā€™ that are coming to install it all.
We will also consider another battery in time for next winter once we have had a chance to identify the efficiency of the system through the rest of this winter and spring.

1 Like

@Ardbeg10y I have three phase, 8kW panels (22x365W JA Solar Black Mono Panels) and 13kW batteries (5x2.6kW FoxEss) and a FoxEss three phase inverter.

We had some teething problems with the inverter, but it was quickly replaced and seems to be running well now.

Also have 2x11kW air source heat pumps and a 22kW car charger (although the current EV will only charge at 11kW!). Dragging my house into this century has been a costly labour of love.

Hope some of the above is helpful?

1 Like

I looked into photovoltaic panels and batteries last year, but rejected despite a partial govā€™t grant (~Ā£3k) because unfortunately where I live with very little competition and demand exceeding supply prices are about twice that of UK, plus my house orientation is not ideal, in a relatively northern latitude, and normally considerably more cloud than not.

Iā€™d like a heat pump, but am not yet convinced about air source and suitability of current crop, or at least current crop of installers (no slur intended on any forum members who may be installers who genuinely know and understand heat pumps). In addition, the first issue mentioned above re solar applies here at present. Assuming my boiler lasts another 7-12 years (it is 11 years old now), I am hoping that technology and costs will have sorted themselves out, whether heat pump or hydrogen (or my own fission reactor!). Assuming heat pump, rather than triple the size of my radiators, I would likely go for ceiling heating. Little known at present, there are considerable similarities to underfloor, but easier installation, no worries about type of floor covering or furniture placement etc - and if it becomes more popular outside of Scandinavia and Germany prices may fall.

I should add the caveat that my house is electric only - no oil or gas. That changes the cost/benefit considerations somewhat.

1 Like

Big day today weā€™re pouring the concrete for the garage floor, due to the risk of rain the builder is delaying the rest of the ground floor till next week. However Iā€™m needed on traffic control which is a bigger worry than the rain. Nobody does confusion better than me. :grin:

8 Likes

Flying one out asap

4 Likes

Think you tell a lot about a country by its road signs. I think we can see who actually does any work.

IMG_8615
IMG_8616

3 Likes

7 Likes

I always was puzzled by the school maths problem. It takes 3 days for one man to dig a hole. How long does it take for 3 men to dig a hole? I reckon about 5 days.

2 Likes

Yup, same here. No one would ever ask me to do something like traffic control a second time ā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s the second time Iā€™ve been required and surprisingly no major issues so far and more importantly no accidents.

Iā€™m going to be away when they do the big pour next week, guess itā€™ll all go belly up then :grin:

1 Like

Wow, you must be catching on, or were you really just a lollypop girl ā€¦ sorry ā€¦ guy.

Yep, just the lollipop guy. Oddly enough they (the professional ones) are on a good salary here. Thereā€™s a lot of young women taking it on in Sydney.

Yes, I read an article on them less than a year ago and some of them earn a hefty salary. Very impressive.

I of course didnā€™t even get a cup of coffee :grin:

You need to tie your t-shirt up. Your wife can show you how itā€™s done. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I love a story that has a happy ending.

1 Like