The Grand Cafe

Sitting by a pool minding my own business. I spotted the nastiest looking spider I have ever seen in the wild. About the size of my outstretched hand.

5 Likes

A inky binky spider

My wife wonā€™t go near the pool again in case it runs up her leg :open_mouth:

We are talking about a plant.

Funny looking plant. It has eight legs and fangs that drip blood and venom :grimacing:

A touch melodramatic Badgerā€¦ :roll_eyes: :joy:

1 Like

It certainly is costly. We got a garden house built last year and we took the opportunity to get all the cables in the ground already so once we (finally) get three phase, all the infrastructure is ready to get somewhere between 20 and 30 panels. Just before the energy crisis we got a heatpump and we are quite satisfied with it. We adjusted our habits a bit and we consider 19 deg celcius very comfy these days :slight_smile:

We also got the cables in the ground for charging points in the garden so that once we get an electric car, we can charge on our own premises.

My sparky is a huge fan of Huawei inverters, but given that I worked for Ericsson, I really cannot do that so Iā€™m trying to convince him to go for either SunPower AC panels (these have the Enphase micro inverter included which is kind of needed given the trees we have) or an SMA TriPower X which supports battery storage.

Its financially a much easier period now compared to 1 or 2 years back. Prices are cut by 50% or so. For 10k we should be able to get a top system which should reduce the monthly payments significantly and this becomes even more relevant once we go electric for the cars.

1 Like

Might be (looks like) one of the Golden Orb spiders. Very impressive beasties.

2 Likes

Thankfully the spider hasnā€™t moved from its same web as yesterday. But just had this amble past my sun lounger. About the size of a large fire extinguisher.

3 Likes

Where are you

GalƔpagos Islands ha :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

3 Likes

London, according to their profile, but I never saw any of those when I lived thereā€¦.

1 Like

Thereā€™s another retailer here selling Naim, so it looks like the new distributor is up and running.

Golden Orb spiders and goannas think his either in Aus or at a zoo. :grin:

2 Likes

Full service or just Unitiā€™s and Musoā€™s

1 Like

Bit of a miss-mash. Uniti, Muso, some OC, some NC. Nothing above NDX2/222/250 level.

A2A have stopped slashing prices in NZ?

They stopped listing stock a month or so ago.

Wish theyā€™d stop here

Thailand. At a resort in Krabi. TBH I canā€™t take too much of staggering from meal to meal then collapsing in the heat. I would go stir crazy if I was here too long :crazy_face:

2 Likes