The Grand Cafe

Ouch , sounds painful.

2 Likes

You deserve it after that, hope your Mum has the care she needs.

Best wishes

Ian

2 Likes

On the train to London for the Andy Warhol exhibition.
Invited as guests for an individual guided tour and then being treated to lunch at the roof top restaurant in Selfridges.
Mrs Q & I have been looking forward to thisšŸ˜Š

6 Likes

All the best Pete.

3 Likes

Alto, very nice restaurantā€¦spoil Mrs QS to a personal shopper experience whilst at Selfridges :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hope all goes well

best wishes

Ian

2 Likes

We now live 8,5 years in this house and I enjoy it every day. Somehow itā€™s beautiful and right for us. Itā€™s old, requires maintenance and sometimes surprises me ( I found a piece of the kitchen top in the garden today ).

11 Likes

Have you been wondering why one of the cabinets wasnā€™t covered?

1 Like

That looks very homely, itā€™s the difference between a house and a home. :grin:

6 Likes

Well if you had to get a lymphoma that is one of the better ones. Obviously it is going to take further investigation to ascertain what subtype it is. Quite often no treatment is required or just gentle treatment such as pills. Looks like youā€™ll be around for many years to come. Overall good news and looks like youā€™re in great hands. All the best.

5 Likes

In the kitchen? The oven was broken so Iā€™ve removed it last week. We have a long going discussion about budget for a new one likely weā€™ll get a new combi oven there soon, as well as cooking hood and induction replacement of the gas hob.

2 Likes

One to get right, the hub of the house.

1 Like

Now that is definitely harmless. Delightful reptiles.

1 Like

Municipal waste sorting system in the kitchen?

1 Like

Certainly. There is a small fourth in one of the cupboards for kitchen waste.

Green = recycle (plastic)
Black = deposit (beer cans, cola bottles et cetera)
Red = Rest

Works for us.

1 Like

Indeed. We got out electricity redone last year since we got the gardenhouse built and have three phase now. As part of that exercise the sparky installed a perilex cable and socket already for the induction hob.

Traditionally the oven was at the other side of the kitchen but since this chimney isnā€™t operational anymore, I donā€™t consider placing the oven back on the original location in the kitchen.

The house had originally 2 chimneys: one in the living - the centre of the house and one in the kitchen.

The one in the living was restored by the previous owners and has the Swedish fireplace.

2 Likes

:+1: We have something similar here in Sweden, works really well.

1 Like

If Iā€™d emigrate, Iā€™ll go to back to Sweden and work for E/// again.

1 Like

I see that the northerners have been playing up again overnight and the Nova PE thread is gone :+1::popcorn:

2 Likes

Is it a prediction or have you missed the thread Mike? :sweat_smile: