The Grand Cafe

Yes, my mistake, cheers.

1 Like

Good decision. Thereā€™s an induction hob thread on here and itā€™s very eye opening. One of the reasons Iā€™m looking so forward to moving house is changing our electric to an induction. My daughter has a (very nice) gas range and sheā€™ll never have another.

1 Like

Hope Pete is getting on OK with the scans etcšŸ¤žšŸ½

6 Likes

I guess he is continuing his pilgrimage outside of this forum and take the break. We can keep the Grand Cafe open by behaving properly.

We got these a few weeks ago:

I love colours and find the right mix for my house. Colours match the windows which are everywhere in the house:

9 Likes

@Camphuw

Fresh chicks today.

9 Likes

Had my PET scan last Wednesday as you can see from the photo below thereā€™s been very little side effects.

IMG_4831

The brain scan was also a success and have just been sent the result.

IMG_2156

On a serious note it appears I have a rare blood cancer that canā€™t be cured but can be held at bay. I start chemotherapy in 2 weeks. Thankfully weā€™re talking about years not months. :grin:

26 Likes

Ha

At least 20 years Pete - itā€™s in the genes

:+1:

2 Likes

Hopefully youā€™re right as long as it doesnā€™t decide to become aggressive should get at least 10 years. Not looking forward to the chemo though least I donā€™t have to worry about hair loss.

5 Likes

Keep the laughter and jokes up Pete

Whereā€™s your NDX2 by the way ? Back with you ?

2 Likes

Lucky some ex distributor happened to have a spare part so should get it back soon. It hadnā€™t had to leave Sydney.

Was at Harryā€™s last Saturday week following your advice to listen to thr 333 v NDX2 but heā€™d sold it and a 332 as well the day before. :scream:

Apparently heā€™s sold 2 of the 333s in a few days.

4 Likes

Yeah I saw him few days ago and said he had sold them

Canā€™t get any more stock at the moment I donā€™t think

2 Likes

Itā€™s Harryā€™s and mine 30 year anniversary. Hard to believe that Iā€™m still dealing with the same guys (including Norman) that I bought my first Naim 102/180 back in 94. Wouldnā€™t get that kind of consistency from A2A.

4 Likes

Nice to have you back Pete. Not the greatest news I guess, but you have a proper diagnosis and plan ahead of you now, with a pretty positive expected outcome - so really good really under the circumstances. Chemo wonā€™t be fun, but you are starting quicky and will soon have that bugger off your back.

2 Likes

37 + years for me, quite unbelievable actually

I purchased my first Naim/Linn system from a guy in 1980 here in Sydney and he was also a very decent human being

He moved up to Lismore and opened up the Audio Room there but unfortunately he passed away last year. Great guy he was

Iā€™m in no hurry at all to change any of my classic boxes . Certainly canā€™t see me going to the full 300 series , price far too prohibitive these days

2 Likes

Wishing you all the very best Pete. At least you know where you are and have some idea of what to expect. Keep posting and I am sure we will all do what we can to support and keep your spirits up.

4 Likes

You are a much valued member of the Community and we are all rooting for you

Best wishes

Ian

5 Likes

I hope he sends you a card

Best wishes

Ian

2 Likes

Hopefully they will quickly get it under controlšŸ™

4 Likes

Thanks Gazza. :+1:

2 Likes

With everything happening all at once I forgot to mention we have a ground floor.

14 Likes