The Grand Cafe

All the best @Pete_the_painter, we will be thinking of you. Keep following the Doc’s advice and we will see you back in this parish again soon.

2 Likes

Best wishes Pete. Hope all goes well and that side effects are not too bad. We are all rooting for you.

3 Likes

All the best of luck Pete. Just put yourself in the very capable hands of the doctors and nurses and they will look after you ( I would say that as a doctor wouldn’t I :wink:)

3 Likes

Sorry for the late reply but I hope all went as well as it could and that you found some time to say a proper goodbye to your mother. That organ piece based on Chopin sounds beautiful - a lovely idea

4 Likes

Wishing all the best, Pete. :sunglasses::+1:

3 Likes

Thinking of you Pete and hope all goes well.

2 Likes

Apologies for my delayed response Ardbeg. I am very sorry for your loss, your mum was much too young to pass away. She clearly led a life full of generosity and leaves behind a legacy of love and happiness.
Kind regards
Don.

2 Likes

Best of luck Pete. Hope you are ok

2 Likes

Piano piece, I do play the piano as well. I sound checked the church decided that the acoustics and instruments were horrible and called my piano guy to bring my piano to the church and tune it. The church warden was a bit surprised by all the logistics so I said: ‘my mum only dies once’. Church warden again surprised by this seemingly insensitive phrase.

Well, for someone into music, music is the single most important thing so it had to be good.

The entire funeral went well and looking back to it it’s a great relief that’s it’s done but also very comforting to see that so many people took the time to visit the occasions. It’s for me a great opportunity to reconnect to people from the past - which I will do.

The piano piece was very good, it has turned into a serious 5 minute piano piece for which a 19th century composer sound not have to be ashamed :slight_smile:

I’ll record it and post it here in a few weeks (need to borrow equipment and I’m very tired).

15 Likes

It’s almost 7.30am here and I’ve got half an hour before they start, just enjoying a coffee with Mrs Peter in garden. Thanks for all the well wishes, I’ll see you on the other side.

PS I’m that anxious my hair actually grew back.

14 Likes

A great son🙏

4 Likes

There’s hope Pete

I know a guy that went through chemo he was almost bald

2 years later he has an amazing crop of hair :flushed:

Miracles happen

3 Likes

Enjoy the darkness before the dawn.

3 Likes

Had a reaction to my infusion therapy drug and about to be admitted to hospital for a few hours, hopefully I should get out around 9.30pm.

Thankfully the chemo part tomorrow is only 4 hours. God I’m bored.

14 Likes

Bugger! That happened to Mrs Mike too - during lockdown too, which caused no end of drama. You’ll be glad to get this monkey off your back!

4 Likes

@Dan_M thanks for asking see above. It’s been mostly ok except for about an hour when I had a rash/itch and the shakes develop. Happened as they went to increase the flow. Settled down but meant the feed was going to be slower than anticipated. It’s turned out to be a long day, hopefully that will get better.

8 Likes

Bugger; that’s all you needed.
Hope you’re feeling a bit better, have they released you yet?
Let’s hope tomorrow is a little less dramatic for you :crossed_fingers:t3:

3 Likes

Jeez Pete, I feel like I’m right there with you. Empathy can be powerful.
I’m sitting up in bed this morning, and I have the exact same type of cotton blanket on me. My wife must have stole it from the hospital or something …

These first few visits must be very troublesome for you because of the unknown. I sincerely hope it becomes somewhat, matter of fact, after a bit.
Take care.

4 Likes

Sending all my love @Pete_the_painter. Hope you feel better soon. Things will get better. Are they giving you steroids and anti sickness? Wish you the best mate.

4 Likes

Dan haven’t had much sleep (its just after 5am here) but the upside is so far no real side effects. Have another dose of chemo around lunchtime, looking forward to getting back home.

How are you going, think your treatment maybe a little more intense than mine.

Also haven’t turned the light on or looked in the mirror to what if anything has happened to my beard. :grin:

Be nice to yourself, take care.

8 Likes