The Grand Cafe

I matter what species it all comes down to sex. :grimacing:

Itā€™s an eggstillion rebellion.

3 Likes

Iā€™m hiding over here watching the FA Cup as thereā€™s someone looking for confrontation over in the what have you done in 24 hour thread.

Iā€™m extremely sensitive these days and have chosen to ignore. :flushed:

2 Likes

Maybe it identifies as a rooster?

2 Likes

Very wise, you have far too much stress as it is

Best wishes

Ian

3 Likes

Ok, that started a search that got me nowhereā€¦ Figuring itā€™d take some new level of gall to get you going, I was interested to see what prompted you to disengage rather than, well engage and be irkedā€¦

Wishing you peace and continued strength Pete, and yeah, stay away from that which doesnā€™t add value, thereā€™s enough on your plate.

3 Likes

Problem is the drugs Iā€™m on make you hyper sensitive, the member might have just said something theyā€™re entitled to and thereā€™s a chance I may have read it wrongly. I didnā€™t want to offend anyone and thought disengaging was the safest option.

5 Likes

Weather in Cape Town today is a balmy 29Ā°c and AC brings much needed respite.

Catching forty winks then starting a fire/braai/barbeque to bring the weekend to an end.

3 Likes

Iā€™d love to be a guest at a South African barbie, Iā€™ve always heard good things.

Great way to enjoy the rest of your weekend.

2 Likes

Wanted to chime in on comments further up around your completed painting.

Awesome work Pete, was great for me to have seen the initial sketch of what you proposed to complete and the finished work capturing the essence.

You knocked it out of the park.

1 Like

Perhaps. Iā€™ve told her that Iā€™m not going to pay for the cosmetic surgery.

3 Likes

If youā€™re ever here, you have a place to stay and I light a fire most nights

2 Likes

Hey Pete, to begin with ā€¦ very nice piece of artwork. Really enjoy your style. Itā€™d be nice to see it in the flesh with the tones and textures that would add to it.

On another note, I was thinking about you and the stress youā€™re enduring lately. As you know, weā€™ve had a whack of legal issues over the last 3+ years that have been causing us a lot of stress, aand itā€™s been showing up in us in all kinds of ways. Things like, sinus, gut, arthitic, and muscular (mostly neck & shoulder pain), and the main cause of all this is the stress.

My point here is: about a month back, my wife was having multiple issues with her teeth and her sinuses, which are often related. Neither the doctor nor the dentist could find any physical problems with her teeth or her sinuses, then finally, after listening to her stress situation, the dentist prescribed some Valium. Well, bugger me, if it didnā€™t do the trick and eased her pain.
I have a whack of stress-related isses Iā€™ve been dealing with, so I thought I should try a drug test on myself. Hmmm, reminds me of the 70s ā€¦ but seriously, every night for about the last 5 years, Iā€™ve been taking 2 major decongestants and 4 or even 5 antihistamines, just in order to get to sleep without drowning in snot.
Soooo ā€¦ a few nights ago, instead of taking all the sinus pills (which actually swell yer prostate and make it difficult to pee), I took just 1 antihistamine and one of my wifeā€™s Vallium and that did it. My sinus were completely fine because the Vallium reduced my stress level.

So anyway, if you find that all this extra stress that yer dealing with is causing you any other physical issues, you may find that something like Vallium or CBD oil may alliviate the pain or discomfort that the stress is causing.
Just some thots, hope this helps.
Love,
Dave

4 Likes

Stress causes all sorts of health issues and thereā€™s all sorts of stress some good some not so. I normally donā€™t mind a certain level of stress and my working life was full of it. However I think the stress of my condition and the unknown plus the stress of building has become a problem. Iā€™d be more inclined to use medial cannabis than Valium but Iā€™m always open minded and itā€™ll depend on what happens next.

Glad your other half is now ok though.

4 Likes

Yes, like you I owned and operated my own business, so I was also very used to a stressful work environment, which, depending on being in the busy season or the slow season, it canā€™t help but add some stress to your home life as well.
This stress that your family and our family are currently enduring is different as it is more deeply personal and seems to affect us much more severely.

The CBD oil that my wife has been taking does not have any THC in it, but works very well. I have a strong tolerance for drugs from growing up in the seventies, but my wife is quite sensitive to drugs. It was strange that neither of us felt or even noticed the Valium in our systems when we took it. Weā€™ve always heard so much about Valium and expected to feel an effect. But having said that, my wife is more comfortable, as you alluded, to taking the natural CBD oil gummies over the narcotics. I havenā€™t tried the the gummies yet, but I will soon.

3 Likes

@suzywong kid I has just done entrance tests for aeronautics. 1 out of 10 gets in so letā€™s see if he makes it.

6 Likes

Good luck.

3 Likes

Is this for university?

1 Like

Yup. Aerospace Engineering in Delft. If he doesnā€™t make it, itā€™ll be Mathematics.

1 Like

Good luck ,