The Grand Cafe

Have a great day and all the best for tomorrow

4 Likes

That looks like a good way to spend a few hours Mike. Miss Mike on board?

5 Likes

Enjoy your quiet time together, stay positive.
You can weather this storm mate.

3 Likes

Apparently 1/3 of all dogs breed are poodle cross.

2 Likes

Thinking of you Pete.

2 Likes

Also thinking of you Pete.
All the best for tomorrow and beyond.

1 Like

I remember taking my dad for treatments, we chatted about nothing important, keeping to small talk, and if there’s anything I’ve learnt or taken away from that… It is that, tomorrow isn’t promised, make every day count, say what’s in your heart and on your mind, leave nothing to chance, be a fool and share, expose yourself (not in the creepy way) to those who matter. What we give others materially, is less valued than how we make them feel. We know that life is too short but we are here today and we need to make it count. Our legacy is maybe less the things we leave behind but the memories we gift others left behind.

Maybe a little grim, my tone, but just wanted to say, for what it’s worth, you’ve got this, you can do it, think of all the trials and tribulations you’ve faced thus far and you’re still here. You’ve added value to this platform and you’ve added value to me and probably many others here.

Robert Frost perhaps said it best and I’ll not repeat because you likely know the quote but I wouldn’t expect any less.

3 Likes

Hey……you and Dan are our light……wish you both well.

4 Likes

Agreed and let’s not forget @MaxBertola also…these three guys are in my thoughts and prayers every evening .

5 Likes

Gosh……yes dear Max❤️

3 Likes

Thanks guys I’m just to walk down to the clinic to start day one the longest day. See you on the other side.

14 Likes

Yep :sunglasses:

13 Likes

All the very best,

Ian

2 Likes

@David , @Gazza,

thanks for your kind words. PSA has risen less since I started radiotherapy. Apart from minor effects, I’m ok! I have truly learned to live by the hour and reassessed a lot of priorities. Even if everything will go fine, my life will be different for the best.

Max

16 Likes

I just received a Thorens 165 as a gift from some music lover from my local church. Is it worth keeping?

3 Likes

Max, Pete, Dan,

Stay strong guys. Still rootin’ for you!

Brian D.

5 Likes

Yes!

3 Likes

Thanks Max. It does look in a secondhand shop shape, so I’ll give it a clean tomorrow and warm up the nac72/hi/140/sbls for a session.

Looking at it, the bearings look good: it keeps turning for a long time when I give it a spin with my hand. If the element is done, I still have a new ortofon red in a box.

Perhaps I’ll create a plinth for it since these standard Thorens plinths looks a few levels below say an lp12.

The previous owner had about 4000 records or so, basically the entire history of the last 70 years.

He volunteered to collect records for me at charity shops so I gave him an assignment to collect Bruckner / Haitink for me.

6 Likes

Thanks for the kind words as I know you have your own battle going on. Hopefully we’ll all get through this the best we can.

Take care.

5 Likes

We’re back. Really, one of the best trips I’ve ever done. Finished with sailing under the Auckland harbour bridge.

6 Likes