The Grand Cafe

Gee that’s a better view than I currently have, although some of the nurses are quite cute. :grin:

8 Likes

Did Miss Mike enjoy herself?

2 Likes

Yes, very much so. All the girls just had such great attitudes and worked so well as a team.

5 Likes

I hope the fallout gets a little easier each time Pete. We’ll be thinking of you a lot over the next few days and raise a glass to you tomorrow. Glad to hear that the nurses add to the scenery.
Cheers mate.

2 Likes

That’s such a great outing for you and Miss Mike, Mike. Very nice boat.

2 Likes

Sounds fabulous indeed. It’s quite a bit better than my project debut table. No rumble, no noise.

11 Likes

This was the gift, correct? I, too, was gifted a Linn entry level turntable. Had not had much playtime, but glorious in its presentation, took me back forty odd years to our first stereogram. Amazing what music can do but more so how we oftentimes chase the cleanest studio quality sound, but disregarding or not being mindful of the sound that got us hooked to that particular sound in the first place?

2 Likes

Yup, it was a pure gift. My wife does not like too much of my stuff in the living, but she has a weak spot for turntables. Somehow she doesn’t fancy digital recordings and prefers vinyl.

I’m going to tweak this table once I’ve a bit time. New belt, perhaps new element and later on a plinth made of the same wood as my floor.

I noticed that the table has some earthing problems, not when played but when I keep it switched on I hear the typical noise of an older capacitor - bubbles.

3 Likes

That racking system looks great is it real wood. You don’t see craftsmanship like that anymore.

Who needs a Naim Fraim when you can have a quality rack like that.

5 Likes

…. And you know what, one of the hidden qualities is that it probably burns well in the fireplace.

This is my dream:

4 Likes

You said that, not me… :wink: (Same impression here)
I’ve never been a fan of Pro-Ject tables, I am of Thorens…
Enjoy!
Max

1 Like

That looks pretty cool Ardbeg

Is this a rack which is in existence or one in your dreams only ?

Cheers

I am sure you could knock one of those up in a few minutes.

1 Like

It’s a Lateral Audio hifi stand.

1 Like

Perhaps you, but I’m not that good in woodworking yet!

The turn table was a nice gift, it doesn’t surprise me that it sounds better than the Pro-ject.

2 Likes

You still at clinic Pete or on way home ?

Got home around 4pm yesterday (Friday). Was a little worried due to the storm but it wasn’t that bad.

1 Like

Feeling OK?

1 Like

Interestingly, the new website thread seems to have vapourised. Having spent a bit oc time looking at it I went to paste a comment in the compare feature but found the thread gone. If there was anything untoward I missed it, or maybe there is some sensitivity somewhere. I don’t think we can discuss here, but I thought it worth flagging up the disappearance

1 Like