The Grand Cafe

Thanks Mike

Just put one on one of the Nait 50’s

Massive difference, very impressive I must say

I remember had them in the 500 system so now need a plan for my current gear

Do you have 2 NAIT 50’s ?

Yep I went overboard :grinning:

One here in Sydney and one down south - use that one with Core and nDAC , great little system

The Nait 50 , although expensive , gives it all

4 Likes

Did you trade your old amps?

Got rid of the Nait 2 and 32.5/hicap/250

Or should I say Harry did for me :+1:

1 Like

He has so much traded stuff must be hard to shift new gear with that much floating around

He’s doing fine Pete

I hope so, he didn’t seem well last time I saw him.

It’s surprising how many customers ring up and want second hand gear - yes there are the time wasters but when I saw him yesterday he had just installed a system

Yep it’s tough out there but hasn’t it always been that way I reckon

Do you still have a Supernait with a NAIT50 in the same system? You’re worse than me!

I know nuts - not to mention the 252/250

1 Like

I have been trying to justify the purchase of a 50 ever since I heard one connected to an ND5 XS2 and a pair of PMC Prodigy 1’s.
The only option I came up with would be to replace Mrs Q’s 202/200 and StageLine, but I don’t think it’s worth it🫤

Good question QuickSticks

Probably tend to agree with you

The 202/200 will have more body/weight to the music but not necessarily greater clarity

I’m running the Nait 50 along side the SN3/Hicapdr and both have their pros and cons

Overall though yes I would think the separate preamp and amp would be better than the Nait 50 and so they should be .

1 Like

It’s obviously a good amp but I can’t help feeling it’s a little over priced. Cashing in on all that retro stuff.

Speaking of I’m pricing some items up for our build and it’s dearer to get something (new) that looks old than it is to buy something new.

1 Like

Everything is overpriced these days

Look at wine in restaurants now - use to be twice the price of bottle shop , now it’s 3 times and even 4 times

Beer is cheap compared because one gets volume and don’t need to share it :grinning::+1:

1 Like

God a beer in a pub is now around $12 a sooner. It wasn’t that long ago it was around $7-8.

The other con is charging you a weekend sur charge for labour and they don’t pass it on to their staff.

1 Like

Yep that happens the buggers

I laugh at all these boutique beers on how much they cost and they taste like crap

1 Like

Not all of them, but certainly a few trying to out XPA each other. We’ve had this discussion it’s about time they started make beer, bring back a good lager or even better a good pilsner

My thinking exactly Bevo.
I nearly bought the 50/ND5 XS2/Prodigy 1’s for the bedroom, as I heard the system on the day I was buying the Bedroom MuSo.
I just couldn’t justify it, so bought the MuSo🫤 Mrs Q’s 202/200 system is wonderful, changing it for the 50 would be foolish.

Do you have a PS on the 200?