The Grand Cafe

Some good news re the lump on my head can just be burnt off and just checked yearly. Least that one less thing I need to worry about.

26 Likes

Some good news at last👍

2 Likes

Thank goodness for small mercies👍🏼

2 Likes

Very good news, Pete.

Greetings from the swampy Netherlands.

2 Likes

That’s good news to hear.

A few years ago, had a lump on my forehead frozen off, which did sting a bit at the time and had a bit of a headache afterwards.

But within a couple of hours was feeling fine and no scars afterwards.

DG…

1 Like

Exxxxxellent!!

1 Like

Currently staying in Corfu, about 1 hour south of the airport. View from hotel across the sea to mainland Greece.

11 Likes

Looks lovely, have a great time. Hopefully some relaxing?

2 Likes

We have power grid blackouts forecast for tomorrow morning due to a little cold weather, and it’s not even winter yet. We used to have the best power security and hydro-electric power supply in the world back in the 1960’s. It’s quite sad to see how much our basic infrastructure has slipped in the last few decades.

2 Likes

We’re also much more dependent on it. I wonder what the real stats are. In my place there is seldomly a powercut whilst it was a regular thing in the eighties when I was a kid.

2 Likes

Very interesting Mike

I remember in the 80’s and 90’s here in Sydney we use to get blackouts quite often

Despite all the whinging about energy these days I haven’t experienced many blackouts over the last 20 years

1 Like

Will probably continue to get worse as more and more electric vehicles hit our roads and people turn away from log burners and gas heating.

2 Likes

How are you doing @Pete_the_painter, this was a big treatment week for you - or are you gallivanting around as usual?

6 Likes

Took a 15 Euro trip to the old town Corfu today, Saturday. Very busy, local folks celebrating mothers day……had a lovely snack of Gyros before returning to the hotel.

8 Likes

Evening Pete

Trust all going along OK for you

Many forum members have thumbs up for you :+1:

Cheers

7 Likes

Hope things are OK with you Pete👍

2 Likes

He’s hoping to be back later this week Gazza.

4 Likes

It’s not just in New Zealand :new_zealand:

1 Like

Ah it’s good to be back, thought I’d save you guys the drama of the last 2 weeks (which has been tough) and wallow silently in my own pity. Just got home after being under house arrest in hospital for 6 days/5 nights but thankfully stem cell harvest is over. The injection in the stomach every night (sometimes 2 a night) has been a highlight but it’s hard to go past being strapped to a machine (apheresis) that’s pumping out blood from one arm and putting it back in the other just to get 30ml of stem cells for 2 days of pure enjoyment. :grin:

I feel I’ve gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson both emotionally and physically. I’ve now just got 12 days to recover before my next chemo session (4th of 6). Thanks for everyone’s well wishes, I will get through this.

Big thumbs up from for all those health care workers, they’re angels (although some more angelic than others). And of course a big shout for Mrs Pete who has been my rock I’m not sure how I would’ve dealt with this without her.

I’ve got more class A drugs in me now than at anytime in my late teens.

PS @Mike_S gallivanting is such a great word, I hope to be able to continue gallivanting for many years to come. :+1:

28 Likes

That’s the spirit Pete - keep at it. Best wishes from all of us

6 Likes