The Grand Cafe

Canada is the first one I’d cancael as well. :grin:
Actually, Canada is great … it’s just all the bloody Canadians … :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

We loved the Canadians although to fair a lot the ones we met were Australians. :grin:

3 Likes

There’s not that many per square mile and most are busy watching ice hockey.

3 Likes

@Pete_the_painter and @Ardbeg10y .
I find Canadians to be a very busy, uninteresting bunch, and for some reason the men are usually insecure for the most part. It’s very odd and makes it quite difficult to strike up any kind of friendship, or even have an engaging conversation with another male.
In most of the relationships of people that we know, the man has a controlling nature with his wife, which is a dead giveaway for a guy that is insecure. And you cannot trust an insecure male.
I personally, would like to move, but my wife, bless her, is an enthusiastic Canuck and won’t hear of it.
Mais, c’est la vie …

2 Likes

That’s a big call but I do understand. In my life time I’ve witnessed that change here, Australian men are generally quite comfortable with each these days that blokey thing is almost a myth. Australian women have changed as well (for the better).

Disclaimer this is of course is only my observation. :grin:

3 Likes

That’s nice to know, but probably too late in my life for me to enjoy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

I did turn down a date with a nice Aussie girl in London in my 20’s, as I had another date with my ex-wife. Oh the mistakes we make.

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: mistakes I’ve made a few.

2 Likes

I think, possibly, Canada is such a young country and culture, that they’re all still trying to figure things out. And it’s difficult for people to be patriotic when everyone is from somewhere else. Just the way it is here.

4 Likes

Disagree. Guess I’ll just have to buy you a beer in October when I’m in Toronto for my daughter’s wedding. :wink::beer:

3 Likes

That sounds good. Perhaps you’ll be able to alter my perception. I do like being proven wrong.
Cheers.

3 Likes

A darn rat just scuttled along the skirting board :rage::rage:

Large trap just set. I can’t find the smaller one, which is probably what I need. I’ll get the fecka.

2 Likes

I saw rat scuttle across my site this morning but it turned out to be a council inspector. :grin:

10 Likes

Ha ha, that’s really very good.

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Did you get him?

Not yet, it took the cheese though. I’ve found my smaller track and have that set, so here’s hoping. We have doors open during the day though, so anything can come and go……

1 Like

They seem to love peanut butter more than cheese. I do pest trapping in the Hutt Valley hills and we are asked not to use peanut butter as our main quarry is the stoat, which is more deadly to the local wildlife than the rat. In fact they happily kill and eat rats. Peanut butter fills the traps with rats so there is no room for stoats!

3 Likes

What are they?

Never heard or seen that creature IDAK ?

1 Like

And you call yourself a Kiwi.

In Sydney for a few days might go and annoy Harry.

2 Likes