The Grand Cafe

4 months that’s outrageous, what’s the issue?

1 Like

Powers back on :sunglasses:.

Yes, the road. Its a section over a big hill range on the road south to Auckland. It was badly damaged by numerous slips during the storms of the summer before last. It was closed for about a month then just to get it opened with holding repairs. It was then decided to do more work involving large earthworks and retaining to reduce the chances of future slips and to creat space so that further slips don’t close the road. That work was planned for a 2 month closure, but further slopes failed during the repairs, so it’s become 4 months.

I’ve been involved in this section of road for 25 years and are frustrated that we aren’t more proactive in protecting and improving our main road. There is an alternative route being accelerated by the new government. Sadly improvements to our main highway are a bit of a on/off cycle with different governments. Australian seems to have a match better handle of developing national infrastructure than we do.

3 Likes

Main roads are a joint responsibility between the States and the Feds.

1 Like

Mikes current state is that he’s totally fed up by it.

6 Likes

Looks remarkably like your drawing.

3 Likes

@Skeptikal i don’t want to ruin an innocent topic, but ‘warm interconnects’ sets of alls sorts of alarm bells. Where is Frank when you need ‘em.

Funny that, my architect thinks he did it.

4 Likes

Hi Mike, sounds pretty rough . Hope you are all ok and things improve soon

Best wishes

Ian

2 Likes

That comes in the category only a painter or a photographer would say

2 Likes

Well it is a studio. The outlook is for upstairs we’ll look out over the Buckets (mountains).

3 Likes

It’s your idea, you sketch it up. He then does design plans and charges you for your own idea!

He and I aren’t really friendly, he had no input into anything. I was expecting someone that would take my idea and improve it. He just copied me, he’s definitely not an architect.

I bet when its finished he takes a pic and puts it on his website?

1 Like

If he does he better not have a comment section on their website.

4 Likes

Yes, we had the very same experience with our house extension. He should have challenged some of our ideas, but didn’t really add any value and could have nudged us to some better solutions.

2 Likes

My guy was so lazy he left a void square area between the laundry and the bathroom rather than move a wall 30cm. You’d think he’d ring and suggest.

1 Like

@Ardbeg10y
Hi
I’m not sure why you’ve replied to me about this I’ve never had any opinion or made a post about “ warm interconnects “ :thinking:

That confused me for a moment, this side of the world it’s north light artists want.

Funny that. But yes north in thr north and south in the south. :grin:

2 Likes

Four months? We have to put up with this https://beta.southglos.gov.uk/a432-badminton-road-m4-overbridge-closure/
The diversion is along a road that when a school boy in the 60s, the council deemed too dangerous in winter months for the coaches taking us to school to use!