The Grand Cafe

There’d be fighting in the streets here.

1 Like

Isn’t there normally fighting in the streets there? :wink:

2 Likes

We’re quite civilised these days.

1 Like

Not great. But we don’t even have a motorway here, our main road will be a lower standard than your A road :flushed:

Pah! Roads here are so narrow that motoring is considered a contact sport. Wing mirrors are consumables. Well so Mrs Willy keeps telling me.

Willy.

3 Likes

Down where I am they think they need to close and mend roads for this sort of thing. Pathetic. Whatever happened to the Dunkirk spirit? :joy:

2 Likes

They are going with the “make do” part, rather than the “mend”.

Finally well enough to get back into the studio, got a commission for a painting of the road into his property. First attempt, haven’t shown him yet.

I was meant to go to see a play in town tonight but was forced to sell my tickets by my nurse. It’s a big event in our town they only put on 2 shows a year, there’s something quite funny and charming about amateur actors.

20 Likes

I’ve bought a new oven after 3 years discussing it with my wife. I measured the height and width but not the depth …. Luckily there is a wooden panel what is the problem so somewhere next week I drill a hole in the wooden back panel and it should fit.

6 Likes

Once I’ve improved the locks of the gardenhouse I’ll add another concrete slab and the av2/nap200 for better sound.

7 Likes

You are on a roll👍

1 Like

A year ago tomorrow I flew out of Sydney on my way to London for a day at the cricket and factory tour. Gee a lot has happened since, tomorrow I’m heading off for chemo session number 5. :flushed:

15 Likes

Good luck with round five. It’s tough, but this too, shall pass.

6 Likes

Yes, I hope the 5th treatment is easier than some (or all) of the last ones Pete and as wise ol’ Mike said, this too, shall pass …

5 Likes

Like others I wish you all the very best Pete. Keep in touch and keep posting! It might help relieve any boredom.

5 Likes

What is the yellow box outside the window Ardbeg, your mailbox?

All the best Pete.

4 Likes

Looks like a Sundial to me Bjorn🤔

1 Like

It’s a korfball hoop:

A sport mainly played in the Netherlands and Belgium. (Just check the international tournaments section on the above page).

Is there a prize?
I reckon Korfball hoop on the right of the picture.
The yellow thing on the left appears to be on wheels, has a chute, so a garden waste shredder?

1 Like