The Grand Cafe

It would seem that it’s only played properly in The Netherlands or Belgium🙄
Why do the rest of the world even bother… :man_shrugging:t4: :joy:

Yes, that was the yellow thing on the left I meant, could very well be a garden shredder :+1:

The thing on the left is indeed a shredder. I’m not using it often so I’m thinking to get rid of it.

1 Like

Korfbal is a mixed gender sport. One of the few successful in that space.

With great sadness I have to admit that the kids love it and are good in it. How often have I prayed to get kids who are stars in playing the piano or kids who like to stroll through museums. But no, I got kids who like sports.

Kid 3 did greatly comfort me by telling that he probably get kids who like music and art.

1 Like

Managed to get the beam that we rescued installed thus morning

22 Likes

Coming along nicely Pete. Hope you’re doing ok after the last round of treatment?

2 Likes

I cocked up the spelling of my eldest daughter’s name Rebbecca and spelt it with 2 b’s. It’s caused her a few hiccups over the years but she’s always defended my mistake. She went searching online using AI, judging by the results I don’t think we have to much to worry about yet.

2 Likes

Hey Pete

Go onto YouTube

Ian Moss at Hindley Street country club doing

“While My Guitar Gently Weeps”

Brilliant - great resident backing band

Watching the Swans game will later, cheers.

Also big night of sport, I’ll be rugged up watching F1, Tour de France and the Euros.

1 Like

Miss Mikes name too :+1:

1 Like

What spelt with 2 b’s ?

1 Like

Ha, no, 1 b, 2 c’s. I’m surprised AI didn’t give you the Hebrew spelling - Rebekah.

1 Like

I made a mistake in her birth certificate by missing spelling it which she’s had to live with abd defend. Apparently there’s a few in Sydney on a facebook group, we once met one who’s father was a doctor that couldn’t spell. Made me feel a little better.

4 Likes

My grandfathers name was also spelled wrongly. What was more serious though is that my great grandfather discussed with his wife a name, he disagreed, went to the local counsel and gave the name he liked. That’s how things went a 100 years ago apparently.

My mum gave me the name which was intended for my grandfather.

1 Like

Goodness - one point loss :rage:

Naming children is fraught. 42 years ago we named our second daughter Alexa. This was an unusual name at the time and quite exclusive until Bezos and his tribe appropriated it 20 years or so later!

5 Likes

An old friend of mine’s middle name is Aneeta, apparently her great grandfather spelt Anita wrongly when her grandmother was born, and the eldest girl had had it as a middle name for the next 2 generations. Sadly she and her husband had only one son so that will die out with her.

2 Likes

Luckily I got my second daughters name right, Samantha

2 Likes

They can’t keep giving sides start like they have been.

I got full attention of my daughter tonight when I switched on Kraftwerks Tour de France. She immediately identified it as techno - her style apparently - and couldn’t believe it’s over 40 years old and made by guys older than her grandparents. Yuk!

4 Likes