The Listening Room Reality

Indeed. I, too, hope he’s ok.

1 Like

Hoping that @Thomas will reappear with his room fully finished and we will have a review of his extraordinary system.

6 Likes

Hi Thomas are you ok we haven’t heard from you in awhile are things going ok.

Still no word from Thomas. I hope things are okay.

1 Like

Maybe he is banned from the forum.

Maybe he’s trapped inside his listening room and no one can hear his cries for help…

10 Likes

That’s a bit wicked, but did make me chuckle :joy:

1 Like

Knowing that he’s into his climbing I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully he’ll be along soon to confirm all is well!

1 Like

You were right Thomas, there is always room for improvement. I recently added two corner bass traps and some sounds, especially low frequencies, are more controlled and more audible.

Would it be inappropriate for @Richard.Dane to email Thomas?

6 Likes

No not out of concern it is unusual not to hear Thomas always reponds to members.

This is a great thread that I have been reading with interest over the past few months. Many experts here so perhaps you can comment:

I’m sat here listing to music thinking about all the 1st reflection noise I’m listing to, so Iv put big cushions behind me and to the side of my head to reduce some of this. My system sounds much clearer when I do this!

Am I: A) actually reducing 1st reflections or B) just filtering more sound into my ears?

(You get a similar effect if you cup your ears towards the speakers).

I’m now thinking I have a lot of reflection issues in my listing position, which is right next to the back wall.

Thanks,
Rich

Still no sign of @Thomas ???

I suggest you place some absorbent material at the points where you think the reflections are coming from , e.g. the walls, and see what that does. Duvets can be quite good with dense feathers, being more effective than lightweight Man-made fibres but a folded blanket or a rug hung up could also be tried. These will only treat the higher frequencies however but can make surprisingly large and revealing changes

Some time ago @Thomas included a link to his wife’s LinkedIn entry, which would have been another way to make contact. I have searched and found that post, but unfortunately the link has been removed. I wonder if anyone made a connection when the link was available?

Yes, I’ve only moved the the sofa forward 30cm and put loads of cushions behind me, and wow, what a difference.

Got me thinking, instead of room treatment for high frequencies, cant you just design and build a “modified travel pillow” that sits just proud of your ears and opens up towards the speakers. Perhaps these high frequency attenuation listening pillows already exist :joy::joy:

I’ve repeated the search and it seems @Rafael says he sent a request to connect. If @Thomas accepted his request, maybe Rafael would use that to try to make contact with Thomas and, more importantly, check that he’s OK.

5 Likes

Don’t know if you my short lived post earlier today, which I deleted on privacy grounds. I have asked Richard to establish contact to Thomas on my/our behalf, but 5 days in I haven’t had a reply out of Switzerland. We can only hope he’s ok :pray: ATB Peter

9 Likes

I just posted Thomas, I hope he replies.

3 Likes

Great, thanks. Please let us know if you hear anything :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes