The Lunch Club

Two sure fire hangover cures;

1. Stay Drunk
  2. Stay Sober
    :man_shrugging:t2:

Edit
Everything else is just Snake Oil, which also doesn’t work by the way🤣

4 Likes

I generally don’t eat lunch but if I do it’s just a sanga or a flat bread lightly pan fried with cheese and chillies in summer. Winter homemade soup or occasionally a dogs eye with dead horse.

…A What?!:face_with_spiral_eyes:

Noooooo…

…you eat the the bones, Neil?

Yes sir, tinned pilchards? Bones are slightly crunchy, that’s all. Adds texture and very good for you.

3 Likes

…sorry, can’t crunch into that tiddly spine.

1 Like

That’s more the hangover cure for the weekend, I wouldn’t recommend it for a Tuesday afternoon.

1 Like

A meat pie and tomato sauce

1 Like

Well it’s oily and spicy which is what you want with a hangover.

Quicker than making a full English too :grinning:

On a serious note it’s a really good hangover cure.

1 Like

This is a Tielle, about as close to a pastie as we get around here. Filled with chopped or minced octopus and or squid with a tomato sauce, some have other shellfish but the best ones don’t.

3 Likes

I have 3 favourite brunch or lunchtime treats - a cheese and onion toastie (has to be cheddar and raw white onion), the aforementioned bacon butty (must be white plastic bread with brown or HP sauce for me) and lastly a fish finger butty but none of your fancy cod gujons and tartare sauce - supermarket breaded cod fish fingers and tomato ketchup or salad cream with cracked black pepper. The latter is a particularly good combo which takes me back to my childhood.

3 Likes

I’m absolutely with you on the Fish Finger sandwich.
Youngs Fish Fingers and Ciabatta bread with Heinz Tomato Ketchup one side and Helmans Mayonnaise the other😋
I know what I’m having for lunch today :grin:

2 Likes

Oooh, you’re posh with yer Ciabatta! Hadn’t considered the ketchup/mayo combo - I’ll give that a whirl next time I’m in the mood!

1 Like

How about the best British lunch ever…

Ham egg n chips.

4 Likes

I have two modes of lunch heaven depending on which bit of my upbringing comes out on a given day.

Perfect lunch one for me is a cheese and Branston Pickle sandwich on good brown bread, a side pork pie (a scotch egg will do in a pinch), with a salad in summer or a small bowl of soup in winter. Ideally a half pint of amber ale to wash it down.

Perfect lunch two is a home made cheeseburger pair. One with lettuce, tomato, fried onion slice, pickle and mayonnaise, the other without the tomato and lettuce, but with ketchup and yellow mustard. A side of home made fries covered in salt, pepper, and thyme. And a bottle of Dr. Pepper.

Lunch one would be to fuel workdays. Lunch two for guilty afternoons off with the kids in school and just me, the burgers, and Netflix. Probably no.2 would be my death row final meal request.

2 Likes

At home it would be a tomato sandwich on whole meal bread.

Now if I’m out at the pub the ideal lunch is either devilled kidneys on toast or a few slices of rare roast beef with a side of salad … if the dog is with me then there must be chips.

Going back to my working days, in Haringey environmental health department since you are wondering, we had a second breakfast that served as an early lunch. It was tinned tomatoes on toast.

2 Likes

This is our usual assortment of Mayonaisse. A most important food in our house:

WOW! The death row final meal comment is a mite troubling… :grimacing: :joy:

C’mon everyone’s thought about their last meal surely?