The Munich “Bird” Report

Sorry for the pollution, I have a non- audio reason for asking so I will not bother you further.

Indeed, many them products has been discontinued unfortunately :man_shrugging:

Bert & Kuma, thanks for the show coverage! I enjoyed it.

2 Likes

Any home improvement store should carry comparable no-name sets that fit any vacuum for a few euros, that’s where I got mine

1 Like

@BertBird thanks for the detailed review. I was struck by the effort you went to to name all the tracks. I am always on the lookout for new music, so I created a tidal playlist from the tracks you listed. Here it is for those who may be interested to listen to the list of what hifi manufacturers thought showed their respective systems in the best light.

https://tidal.com/playlist/35c362a2-2c87-4e40-ac73-758b8f77e7fd

Ps. I read the forum rules and could not see anything against sharing playlists, although I know it is not allowed in some forums. If it contravenes some unpublished rule, @Richard.Dane please remove.
Pps. The list is not 100% complete, some tracks I could not find, and I had to do it in a couple of sittings lest I lose the will to live. Perhaps unsurprisingly most of the tracks are MQA. There are 70 songs and the playlist is 6 hours.

10 Likes

Thanks very much for doing this! It is much appreciated. Glad you still have the will to live.

3 Likes

Thank very much for the playlist. I had a wonderful listening evening yesterday. Most titles are really audiophile and I could add them to my own playlists on Qobuz.

3 Likes

Could you make it available publicly on Qobuz? Thanks.

1 Like

You are very welcome. There’s something for everyone on the list isn’t there

@Wilfried if you have both a qobuz account and a tidal account you can use a free app like freeyourmusic to create a qobuz playlist from the tidal one

Sorry. I have only a Qobuz account. I searched and played the tracks individually in Qobuz. Then I put the titles I liked in different Qobuz playlists.

Hi @BertBird

Nice choice of speakers and electronics.

It’s interesting that you didn’t add Gryphon to your list. Their amplifiers are really good.

When I made the decision to sell my Naim 500DR system, my short list included Naim Statement, Gryphon and Soulution.

The Statement was out of my reach (bought new), but I had a good opportunity at 120K euros. What held me back was the size. I liked Gryphon, but in the end I opted for Soulution. Only two boxes and a sound quite similar to Naim in some areas.

Interestingly, Soulution is described as analytical. I have a different opinion. The 700 and 710 series may have been, but the 701 and 711 are very different beasts.

I was interested in CH Precision, but I eliminated it because of the way it presented the music, with a lot of detail, which is nice, but it lacked a sense of cohesion, so to speak. And then, just like Naim, they offer multi-box systems, with a whole upgrade path.

You didn’t add Stenheim to your list of speakers either.
Didn’t you like them?

If you like to listen to my own sound demo playlist on Qobuz, which contain titles from the Bird-list too, you can listen:
„Sound Demo Playlist“

@Richard.Dane: If this contradicts the forum rule, please delete post, thanks

5 Likes

Thank you so much Bert (+others) for a really interesting thread. It is obvious you have taken a lot of trouble at the show.
I have much enjoyed reading the various opinions + found some new music to listen to (what it is all about)
This is the type of thread I enjoy most on here ! - along with ‘What are you listening to…’

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @Wilfried for the playlist. For some reason, I think your playlist content is better than other existing playlists for this Munich (München) 2022 event, and it sounds even better, well at least to me anyway.

Thank you for the compliment. I am glad if you like the playlist.

2 Likes

Hi Thomas,

I could have added more options indeed. And if I would be in the market I would potentially. If you remember solution I listened to the 5 series and you already mentioned the 7 series was a different beast, so perhaps if I would have heard it it would also been on my list.
With regards to Stennheim, yes could also be on the list. For speakers there are so many options and boutique solutions so the choice is infinite……

However a factor also essential to audio decisions is ability to listen and dealers……, that would at the end be a more determining factor.

1 Like

Yes, this is very true. Although there is a wide choice, we still depend on what is nearby.

Apart from its size, what made me give up on the Statement was that if there was a problem, it had to be sent to the other side of Europe.

The fact that the Soulution factory is only a two-hour drive away was a big plus, not to mention that I have a 5-year warranty (only 2 for Naim).

Yes, proximity is a determining factor when choosing.

My Naim/Rega/B&W dealer is 10 minutes walk from my house which may account for the equipment I have. Also in UK Naim has a 5 year warranty and Rega has a lifetime warranty!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.