The Munich “Bird” Report

Just spotted your post - I’ll read it now. Hope the surgery went okay and that you are in good health.

1 Like

Bert,
Thank you, for the invested and interesting threading. :clap:
Wishing you a lot of health and success in the future.

1 Like

The french digital company Metronome were showing the Dreamplay X, a cd/SACD player and streamer. 60 k euros.
Maybe @BertBird or Kuma have you listened to it ? I am curious as it’s a french big company, like Focal.

Hello Bert,
First of all many thanks for this thread and to all the contributors. It was fun to follow and thank you for answering my own questions with reference to certain gear.
I’m intrigued by your response to Thomas by the way in highlighting certain gear being in an analytic or hifi camp. Interestingly enough i have heard from various individuals regarding the presentation of Naim equipment, in particular the later stuff and combined with their loudspeakers. I’m talking about pre Ovator here and so will not comment on those. I have even heard a remark with referenced to “bleached harmonics” which is a step too far but understandable. The only real references i have and connection to a musical performance are the numerous concerts that i have been to at the alte oper and other excellent concert halls. Of course this gives us the sort of involvement we are trying to achieve with a system. Overall Naim does a good job in the musical message communication for want for a better way to describe it. Then again I’m sure in the right environment so do many of the other systems. There are many passionate and experienced people behind their products and with the limited experience i had listening to/demoing those options as well as actually talking to them, i am convinced with those options.

Best regards,
Mark

1 Like

Hi Mark,

I belief the real issue here is that non of the systems - even the best ones - are able to mirror what we hear when we listen to live music. One of the most important factors in that limitation is related to the recording itself by the way. So that’s why in my opinion any hifi system is trying to achieve a certain level of closeness but it’s all just a view on a non existing closeness to the live picture.
And even when we forget about live music, how does the artist want us to hear the sound……, even that’s a big question.

What I called the analytical approach to music is just a reflection of a certain emotion those system give to me….

2 Likes

Thats the reason why I do vacuum at home and no one else :rofl:

1 Like

Similar ‘arrangement’ here. Besides me, everybody who vacuums stays well outside the imaginary Area 51 around my system. Even if there is an inch of dust there. :laughing:

2 Likes

I even have a special “micro set” tools to vacuum the Naim gear :rofl:, will make picture and post it tomorrow :laughing:

2 Likes

If no one draws in the dust it’s less noticeable.

2 Likes

She doesn’t do it anymore, but I have some dust behind the rack and too lazy to disconnect all , remove the components and clean .

1 Like

I have this micro set from Miele and with that I can clean around my entire gear - no problem :grin:

7 Likes

Do you have a part number for this set, i cannot find it on the Miele UK site

I Think that one isn’t available and discontinued, I bought something like 4 years ago
I check some other webshops for you and even Amazon doesn’t have it.

Please ask maybe Miele uk, could be they have some items left in stock.

1 Like

It’s really nice to work with it :grinning::ok_hand:

4 Likes

Best HIFI cleaning product ever. Fits between Naim Frame and the boxes too.

8 Likes

Sounds rather harsh I know, but this is the sort of nonsense that pollutes a perfectly sensible thread. Can the moderators @Richard.Dane take this cleaning woman BS :open_mouth: and stick it in black hole and put that in the lounge. Many thanks

P.S. before some flagger gets the wrong idea. It was not a sexist remark :wink:

2 Likes

Miele SMC20 - seems to be discontinued :confused:

1 Like

Oh good. I am really glad not to hear that and to coin a phrase from Alexei Sayle…

Hoovers suck

Sorry, didn’t mean to exacerbate things, thought the person asking was genuinely interested

Sorry for the pollution, I have a non- audio reason for asking so I will not bother you further.