The Naim app is so janky

Last time I checked, the Naim app always played the first track first when random mode was selected.
You can change the order of a play queue manually if you want to avoid this, or even create a saved playlist in whatever order you want (random or otherwise).

The latest version of the naim app on Android 11 has an annoying bug around album display.

When an album is same as band name the artist title doesn’t display, but the row “crushes up” against the one below.

This only happens if the self titled album is on the right hand side of the album list. It happens regardless of grid size chosen.

Ice cube artist name chopped off by row below…

Would it possible to have Core proposing other albums from Qobuz first and not only from the lesser Tidal? This is highly irritating and leads me no other choice than to disable the Tidal input to the ND555 and only re-ensable it when I very occasionally want to listen to it.

1 Like

I am a new Uniti Core owner - I am generally very happy with it.
However the iPad Naim App is a little disappointing.
It seems to have lost functionality since the update. The little booklet emblem no longer opens booklets, and the “Not this album?” tag in the top right corner now opens a blank window that is continually “Loading…”
Has anybody else experienced this - Or is it just my set up?

2 Likes

When this happens it usually turns out to be that Rovi isn’t working properly and so isn’t answering the Core’s requests properly. I suggest you report to Naim support so that someone looks into it for us. (support@naimaudio.com)

Best

David

Hi Richard,

I know its been a while since you posted this question but I have just come across it whilst searching for a post on exactly that issue.

YES I do have this problem, I was wondering if anyone else had this too and what or if there was any solution?

Same problem here too. Unitiserve.

Hi Oldneil,
I take it you haven’t a solution either?

Very frustrating.

Hi Mark, no solution though it seems to be related to the app ‘moving’ on the phone screen.

Hi Richard,
“App moving”?
Would the issue itself be worth raising with Naim; could there be a “fix”?
I know one could use the volume buttons on the side of the phone/tablet but these seem to increase / decrease the volume in steps as opposed to a more gradual way.

I think it is meant to move - as you slide from ‘tracks’ to ‘description’ to ‘other albums’ when streaming. from Tidal, for example.

When streaming from a Unitiserve - where those options don’t exist, I don’t see the issue.

Thanks for the explanation Richard. If others are having this issue I wonder if Naim can address this issue.

Can you not change font size?

Perhaps on the Settings menu?

Or by doing that on your device Settings??

This.

But I seem to recall that people have asked for an independent app setting

I dont see any such settings in the Naim application.

Indeed. I’ve found things under Android settings - Display. A bit weird solution.
Thanks!

1 Like

I think it’s what more or less every app does, to follow the system font size

The root cause is the small elements in the Naim app, they are smaller than in other applications. When I increased the fonts for Android, I fixed the Naim app, but the rest of my everyday applications changed their look&feel and I had to revert the settings.

Yeah I get that. Maybe the font size relationship to the system settings should be different, or a separate in-app setting might make sense - as mentioned this was requested by some people already

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.