The Naim Forum Album of the Year 2023

Yes I guess average age here is around 135 :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Got a tip on this Artist from a reliable source :grin:

4 Likes

Good album but hasn’t yet distinguished itself from her first for me. Suspect it will. First was a real grower.

I’m a huge Cale fan. Music For A New Society is one of my fave things ever.

Read the reviews for Ware. Wouldn’t normally be my thing but then all the stuff I’ve loved over the years probably started like that.

Discovered Woods via their stint with David Berman. Just haven’t got to their latest yet.

1 Like

Thsnks I’ll check out, funny how we generally end up just like our parents. I try hard to keep an open mind but sometimes we just don’t get the exposure to what’s “new”.

1 Like

:+1: Yes, aging is probably quite the same I suspect and it’s not easy to stay up to date (and maybe not even desirable) but I try to pick up what the young people are listening to when I get a chance and sometimes you undeniably find a gem.

1 Like

I listened to the Jessie Ware last night after yourself, and others, recommended it - top album. I remember seeing her on Jools a few years back and really enjoyed her but somehow never followed it up

1 Like

Just downloaded it, first listen not so good but her albums do grow on me.

Tim

My personal Top 10

Best New releases:

Jaimie Branch: Fly Or Die Fly Or Die Fly Or Die

Christine And The Queens: Paranoïa, Angels, True Love

Galen Ayers & Paul Simonon: Can We Do Tomorrow Another Day?

Lana Del Rey - Did You Know That There’s A Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd

Angelo Kelly - Grace

Best reissues:

Talking Heads – Stop Making Sense (Sire/Rhino)

Billie Holliday - Songs For Distingué Lovers (Verve AS)

RunDMC - Raising Hell (MFSL)

Pharoah Sanders - Pharoah (luaka bop pressed by Pallas)

The Beatles - 1962-1966 / 1967-1970

6 Likes

Very few classical albums in this thread… Well, here’s one.

5 Likes

I put 4 classical albums in my opening post!

2 Likes

How young is young?

Around here? Probably around about 65.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Jalen Ngonda - Come Around and Love Me

2 Likes

What’s your definition of “Young People” ? In HiFi terms I’d say anyone under 50. It’d be interesting to do a poll to see our collective ages though, is that possible here?

3 Likes

Collective age? You mean add up all the individual ages? That will be a very big number!

Yes, thats possible if you want to do that.

Have just realised that my list misses out something I have grown to love this year. Never bought the album which made his name. Bought something after it. Liked it but can’t say it was something I came back to. This is just lovely though.

4 Likes

Nothing really excited me this year. I cannot think of a single album that made me go “wow”. Not even Taylor swift’s reissues! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

We’ve all had those years. Almost never two in succession though.

1 Like