The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

The US pricing I’m seeing for each new component seems reasonable considering the additional performance each has over the predecessor or equivalent component.

1 Like

I’m only comparing it to prices in Australia it’s probably still better value in the UK. Also it’s not the quality we’re discussing it’s the cost.

Maybe the price will come down, now that a lot will be built in Slovakia.

1 Like

Slovakia? Did I miss something?

Oh yes, a minor detail.

That makes sense. I found streaming with the ND5XS2 into 282/HicapDr much better than with the 272/XPS. Both into 250DR.

1 Like

Where was that mentioned, I thought someone posted a photo of “Made in the UK” further up the thread.

1 Like

I’ve added the link to my post.

Hard to justify a $4k increase on the new 250 over the 250dr which is a damn fine amp anyway

And that’s the least % increase

Crikey

5 Likes

Maybe streaming on the back burner for me at those prices

Time will tell no doubt as I get thoughts together but I’m not rushing it at this stage

1 Like

Stirrer

2 Likes

Last time I checked there is no such word as Vinyls. Let’s see. I have a lot of Vinyl. I bought some new Vinyl. I prefer listening to Vinyl. I own a lot of Lp’s, I buy lots of records. I prefer Vinyl to Digital. Vinyls is some lame millennial verbiage. I have lots of Digitals ?

7 Likes

Richard I did the Salisbury factory tour in 2007

Still the same premises ?

I remember a large area towards the back where the speakers were manufactured

I could imagine the total area is bursting at the seams with all the new products

Yes, still the same factory. Indeed, the factory has been bursting at the seams for quite some time, and without any possibility of expansion or even any extension to the existing layout, there was an urgent need for a plan to handle the projected extra demand for the new kit.

1 Like

Can’t even remember what question was to you pslosarc so humble apologies

Only 2,600 odd posts to wade through

Could you let me know original question , maybe new 250 vs 250DR ?

Cheers

1 Like

Richard a rushed plan doesn’t sound like a good business decision and doesn’t bode well for any conference in Naims ability to forward plan for growth. I find it hard to believe that this hasn’t been planned for awhile.

2 Likes

I’m not sure there is any evidence that the plan is rushed. They needed a solution quickly but that could still be 3 years in the making. A new factory in the UK and hiring new staff would arguably take longer with bigger initial cost.

Of course it might be rushed but I don’t think we have any evidence of that yet… and therefore no cause for concern yet. With pressure off in the UK, manufacturing defects might actually go down.

3 Likes

I agree it couldn’t be rushed. That was the whole point of my post.

1 Like

Not sure why you feel it was rushed Pete. From what I gather it has been carefully planned and prepared for some time in preparation for the launch.

However, rather than divert this thread, there’s a dedicated one already on the forum.

1 Like

I think we both got the wrong end of the stick. He was saying it probably wasn’t rushed.