The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

Maybe I have missed something. May I ask is it possible to connect the 222 to the old 250DR? Since I only see XLR output on the new 222. Thanks!

1 Like

I will certainly be interested to hear the new NAP250 in my system, and read reviews from ears that I trust of how the 250DR compares to the new 250.

1 Like

Yes, you can connect the NSC222 to the previous NAP250DR using a new legacy lead set.
Sounds great and easy to do!

5 Likes

is this legacy lead set already available to buy?

Thank you. Found it under Audio Settings for my HE as a set and forget rather than something one might want to fiddle with. Not that I use it with headphonesā€¦ But that must be the answer for the new 222 as well.

I see the Naim Audio website has crashed.

4 Likes

yes same here, although I do note that the previous NAP 250DR was already rated by Naim at 80 watts, and was tested to be capable of 92watts. so a small increase from 80 to 100 watts

Would it really matter? There is nothing wrong nowadays with ā€œMade in Chinaā€ in a global economy.

When could we get more information about the new Legacy leads?

Nice selective reading :joy:

I would guess your Naim dealer will know about them in due course (price, availability etcā€¦)

As someone responded already, your Dave/ 282/ 250 is well above the 222/ new 250. Logically. Maybe 282/ /Hicap /250 is on the level of 222/ 300 px / 250 , but I would be surprised if the later is really better. Because before the 272 was more on 202 level.
Your source from Chord should make the biggest difference.

The only upgrade would be the new 250 vs 250 dr. I will follow it closely here, I am interested.

4 Likes

Thanks!

Donā€™t know where it is coming from but it is clearly going to the importer and distributor.

1 Like

Really ? Iā€™d not buy any Naim kit at this level made in China.

Luckily, itā€™s still made in Salisbury :uk:

19 Likes

Amazing new productsā€¦ BUT I highly regret that the power supply does not match the older pre-amps 202/282ā€¦
For example, how could I use my 282 if my Hicap DR breaks down? There seems to be no replacement for Hicap and Supercapā€¦ Or am I missing something?
Will Naim still be able ro recap my 250 and HC in 10 years?

It would matter to me - itā€™s important that we have well paid, skilled manufacturing jobs in the UK.

18 Likes

I should certainly hope and expect so.

8 Likes

Its really not well paid.

To be honest me too