The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

And to add, no doubt there will a slight change in signature sound and there will be endless views of which is better, classic or new classic. Just as there is with classic versus Olive etc.

3 Likes

Interesting what your dealer mentioned about the Linnā€¦ā€¦mine said despite all the new FPGA technology it did not leap ahead of an ND555. I was surprised by that commentā€¦ā€¦
yet to hear one myself though.

1 Like

Think that was the point of my original post.

2 Likes

Take it far north mate :crazy_face:

2 Likes

So happy with my nsc222šŸ„° Very musical.

Wonder if i should go for New Classic 250 first or Npx 300šŸ¤”
Nsc222 is a beautiful match with my Vera p150/600rs.

16 Likes

The Cook Islands

2 Likes

Iā€™d go with both and be done with it. :grin:

1 Like

At my age probably canā€™t hear the difference anyway

As long as I can hear the naim attack and drive Iā€™m a happy chappy

:+1::+1:

5 Likes

Now there is one place Pete everyone should visit in their lifetime

Magical

2 Likes

If it (without ps) is equal or better than 282/hicap/NDX2 it will be difficult to sell 282/hicap/NDX2 given the prices. The 3 boxes are twice the price of the NSC222.

Tell me about it :). Selling a few bits n bobs I have lying about and there is very little interest on the bay. They usually go straight away!

Just done the numbers for you Pete ( and mine ex for me a couple of items)

Based on the discounted numbers now just released on distributors retail outlet your gear at retail is circa $38k

For trade in on new classic gear would be say $20k at best as retailer needs to make a margin and taking the risk

So on current new classic product released at $41k plus say a few grand for cables etc letā€™s say $43k

Prepared to pay circa $23k-$25k changeover ???

If going for a 300 series preamp streamer ( if such a beast to be released ) changeover would be say $30k- $45k

Happy with that mate ???

1 Like

No

1 Like

Thought so

Me too

Especially thinking itā€™s not on par with what I already have.

1 Like

Indeed - out of control if you ask me

Ouchā€¦

Tough here in down under Mr.M

1 Like

Before they reduced the prices my gear was worth (replacement) $57ks +. The one thing thatā€™s probably kept most of us in the game was itā€™s retained value. Now thatā€™s been thrown out the door very disappointing and probably ended my Naim experience.

2 Likes

Whilst we all like new kit, I think itā€™s ā€˜Sidegradeā€™ as opposed to upgrades for most of us with 282/252s etc?

From comments on here new 250NC may be genuinely worthwhile over previous generation but time will tell.

2 Likes