The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

Well done Naim - I think it all looks great !
The only thing (apparently) missing, from the photographs I have seen, is an indicator of where the volume is set to i.e. 9:00 o’clock… it appears to just be a circle of light round the edge of the volume control?.. or have I missed something?

Yes, the NSC 222 can be used with an active CB/Olive/classic SBL system :slight_smile:

3 Likes

…using the legacy cable sets.

3 Likes

AFAIK the Integrateds stay as they are for the time being Maurizio.

1 Like

Good luck with the 200 and 300 series.
I’ll await with interest to see if a 500 series phonostage emerges but otherwise I’m done.
Will the 500 series logos turn white I wonder? Might make a second 555ps stand out a bit.

Great news, thanks.

Many of us will simply not have digested all the new information yet but could I ask if:

a) NSC 222 has native Apple Music support

b) Whether legacy HICAPs/FLATCAPs/SUPERCAPs will be ‘forwards compatible’ in any way?

Cheers

…the volume level shows up on the 5.5 inch display (and on both the app and bi-directional RF remote)

3 Likes

Waiting for this thread:
Which logo lightning mode for best SQ.

1 Like

Thanks Richard.

Naim, please clarify if this means Apple Music support:-

1 Like

Agreed. I was on the market yesterday for a 300dr and noticed the sudden vast amount of dealer models advertised. Asked what they would pay for my 250dr…. the offers so low, I felt something was up. Now we know.

4 Likes

Can we retrofit our beloved 500 Series boxes and adopt the new B&W logo?

3 Likes

So are the levels ‘Off/Low/Normal’ or ‘Low/Medium/High’ so to speak.

As much as I prefer green lighting it’s largely based on having the kit in an AV room with a projector so white lights are potentially distracting. Probably not as bad as the piercing blue form the Radikal though!

1 Like

Clearly there is support for Apple Music via Airplay 2 as now, native support would be a huge plus for Naim, but we know already Naim are ready and willing and the ball is firmly in Apple’s court.

Even unleashing Airplay 2’s ability for lossless Apple Music instead of lossy AAC would be good.

2 Likes

Thought so…this should be pretty special sounding…

Can the XLR and RCA outputs be switched separately as is the case with the DIN and RCA on the 272?

Is there a way to add NAP 250 to an Atom as stepping stone to high end system? Maybe Phone to RCA cables?

1 Like

I asked the same question further up the thread, but no replies as yet.

Yes, the NSC 222 can output from RCA or XLR or both (separate muting relays)

4 Likes

You can add a NAP250 (all 6 generations) to an Atom or Atom HE using the appropriate leads.

4 Likes

Looks predictably classy, nice work.

As an active speaker user a streaming pre is a good direction for me albeit I suspect this level won’t match the performance of my 552/NDS/555 but overtime I’m sure Naim will develop something in this line that does.

Look forward to hearing it.

Gary

1 Like