The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

There’s a brightness button on the back on the new ps and nap. On the 222 I assume one control it via the app/remote.

…and as pointed out elsewhere, the speaker connections are now the other way round

1 Like

They are now balanced connections a la Statement.

AND… Left is now left and not right. Times they are a-changin’

2 Likes

I suppose now is a good time to purchase “legacy” equipment given this announcement. I have been thinking of adding an XPS DR to my NDX2 and was pleasantly surprised when a local dealer offered me a substantial discount on a brand new boxed XPS DR.
Whether that will apply to other products will be interesting to watch the dealers’ pages!!

2 Likes

To be fair that arrived some years back with the New Unitis.

1 Like

@110dB Hi! Are there any plans to introduce HDMI to the pre amp later as it was done with the Atom? Would be very useful to get a more universal system that can be used with a TV. Thank you!

4 Likes

Congrats Naim!!! First thougts: sharp and modern classic. I wanna :). Will read the first reviews with great interest and also watch the 2nd hand market more closely now.

1 Like

Yes. Be very careful and what ever you do don’t confuse the two

1 Like

Look at the product sheets Richard attached to the release announcement.

It mentions the settings for the (analogue) inputs, including sensitivity settings and AV bypass. (I guess comprable to the settings for the Unitis, though potentially differently implemented, since the NSC 222 is full analogue here.)

2 Likes

Yupp, as you do e.g. on the Uniti systems.
And I understand, that if you link up the NSC 222 with the other new boxes via optical cables (just for signaling/control purpose), these settings may be remote controlled.
I assume the buttons are for people, who use the NAP/NPX with other equipment.

I find it interesting that many of the connections on Naim boxes seem to interfere with that back Fraim leg.

Was anyone else doing ‘man maths’ on their phone while ‘working’ this afternoon? I know I was :iphone:

6 Likes

Given how many problems are reported on the HDMI connections of streamers/Unitis, maybe it’s a wise choice not to include it. :wink:

2 Likes

This is the main thing that I wanted to hear. Very good news. Obviously the speakers and CDS3 may present a problem but the amps I hope will be serviceable and recapping

Probably it’s possible to swap the glow colors

I would speculate that maybe the NXP 300 can also be used in a 300 series!?

3 Likes

Spoiler alert there is no green option only three steps of white bright. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Pricier than I expected :astonished:

Superline for us! Need to start shopping around for an ex demo.

1 Like

I was there at the time! :grinning: I bought a NAC12 and NAP160 in 1978. My memory was, at the time, that there was also a NAC32 which had facilities for two tape recorders and boards for both MM and MC phono. I upgraded to MC in 1979 and to a NAP250 in 1980. The system was stolen in 1987 and I went with Musical Fidelity until 2015 when I got the Superuniti. However, it looks like there will be a NAP250 back in the house very soon. :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like