The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

How time flies. Just felt like yesterday. :grin:

1 Like

Itā€™s great you keep track of my product history timeline because I donā€™t :smile::+1: Harbeth va Tannoy. Iā€™ve realised I prefer good performance in time domain (tannoy) more than frequency domain.

Correction :sunglasses: It was actually September 2020 Tannoy entered the building and to my ears it was an easy win over Harbeth SHL5 Plus.

1 Like

I dunno. I have quite enjoyed my accountancy career :crazy_face: (I trained with a predecessor to E&Y)

6 Likes

Are the 282/252/250(DR)/300(DR) now discontinued? I ask because theyā€™re not marked as such on the website.

The website still shows the Solstice and Snaxo as well and we know for a fact they have been discontinued.

1 Like

Very expensive :upside_down_face:

1 Like

My eldest has just set out on hers with BDO, sheā€™s finding it tough, but the opportunities once sheā€™s qualified look great to meā€¦

5 Likes

But if its better than the current 500ā€¦ :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

According to my dealer, yes but they can still be ordered. I guess they will keep making them until they have used all the parts they have in stock?

Nice discounts can be had if you ask as well.

1 Like

If you look at pricing in Sunny Perth, itā€™s clear the 282, 252, 300, NDX 2, and XPS are all near to being, if not already, discontinued. The Australian distributor must have excess stock on hand, and have priced it with 25-33% markdowns.
So I see a 300 pre, a streamer and power amp in my crystal ball.

2 Likes

Good plan! I went 252 SC instead of 222 XPS300 as it was significantly cheaper (already have a source obviously)

1 Like

Iā€™d be going off this list in terms of a build to order new delivery. Anything else would just be existing supply chain inventory or dealer stock one would imagine.

Iā€™d anticipate you could probably order something not on the menu but expect a long lead time, even then it may be a TBC scenario as Naim havenā€™t officially communicated what the next 12-18 months looks like from a NPI or EOL/stock run down perspective.

I ordered a Stageline N after it was axed from the price list and my dealer got it quite quickly.

Bear in mind, Naim build as orders come in rather than keep a load of stock. I think most older Classic can still be had but the writing is on the wall: if you want it, donā€™t hang about.

When I started I had no idea what I wanted to do but knew there was loads of choice after qualifying. Took me three years after qualifying to find what I have now been doing for 31 years but I love it (on good days - some days are really stressful and unpleasant)

4 Likes

Apologize if it has been discussed already, but are XPSDR and NPX300 fully interchangeable? Could XPSDR be used with new 222/250?

Itā€™s still on the price list isnā€™t it? At least on the one shown just above.

They are not fully compatible, but to your specific question the XPSDR can power the 222. Signals have a compatibility guide from Naim on their website.

1 Like

Yes. Iā€™m blind.

I wasnā€™t sure if it had been withdrawn outside the U.K. as thatā€™s the U.K. price list, thatā€™s why I checked.